What do you think of Walter's slingshot

24 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

But a boomerang could do the job just as well as far as aggroing

A boomerang is a lot less convenient to craft in my experiences. One rock for 10 shots is a lot more convenient than a board, silk and charcoal :p

while thulecite can be amassed so can marble with less work by the end and thulecite has much better uses

Marble takes quite a bit longer to grow. Yeah of course i'll set up marble farms later but I can get a ton of fragments from walls in the ruins and that requires essentially no waiting. As for thulecite having better uses of course, but I'm not gonna miss 2 pieces of thulecite that i just used to craft 120 pieces of ammo.

23 hours ago, Hornete said:

A boomerang is a lot less convenient to craft in my experiences. One rock for 10 shots is a lot more convenient than a board, silk and charcoal :p

Marble takes quite a bit longer to grow. Yeah of course i'll set up marble farms later but I can get a ton of fragments from walls in the ruins and that requires essentially no waiting. As for thulecite having better uses of course, but I'm not gonna miss 2 pieces of thulecite that i just used to craft 120 pieces of ammo.

Boomerang is only slightly more pricey very slight as the resources to make them are things that can be built up passively while the boomerang is still able to be used for most use cases the slingshot is used for but without being character locked and while marble does take long to grow thulecite takes longer overall to renew.

It feels like the only reasons the slingshot is considered fine as is boil down to people being afraid of it becoming too strong or people having the mindset that since it's cheap it's fine that it's bad but I still feel they should either remove the damage aspect and double down on its cc ability or make it a viable weapon while keeping it balanced with melee combat options as it is it's just lackluster all over while not really offering any unique gameplay style just a cheaper boomerang with additional lackluster cc.

Actually some ideas I did have for trying to balance a attack speed boost were removing its hitsstun and slightly speeding up enemies movement when hit by the slightshot.

27 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

It feels like the only reasons the slingshot is considered fine as is boil down to people being afraid of it becoming too strong or people having the mindset that since it's cheap it's fine that it's bad

I don't know how others feel, but I genuinely think its fine not because im afraid of it being too strong or because its cheap, I genuinely just enjoy the slingshot and its uses. But to each their own,  : p

Archived