How do you go about aquiring seeds for the plants you need?

Three batches of 36 random seeds with lots of basic care and research, my RNG was cruel for some plants (dragon fruit and durian I got in third batch), feed few first crops to bird to get few more seeds, and then this https://docs.google.com/document/d/17dGgL6JHzdWjkY-kzqBEkIUJ0IUrTs7l4yLiy22kfTI/edit?usp=drivesdk and this 

giant crops give 2-3 crops and 2-3 seeds, and even when failling with care, proper combinations in right season give 1-2 seeds + crop.

I'm not saying is most effective way, but it works for me.

Treat seeds like magiluminesences or walking canes and just aimbot snap on to every single one you see. If you have 1 or 2 stacks of seeds you should get most plants but possibly not the rarer ones like dragon fruit or pepper. Once you do have some of the plant just grow them good and nice. If you feed the crops to the bird a terrible growing won't expand, a bad growing will double every yield, a good growing will triple every yield, and a nearly perfect growing will quadruple to sextuple every yield.

And don't feel compelled to only do crop combos for all the perfect nutrients. If you're unable to make a combo I find it more effective to just mismatch the seeds and compensate for the poor nutrients by tending and watering. Or you can just use fertilizer items.

43 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

And don't feel compelled to only do crop combos for all the perfect nutrients. If you're unable to make a combo I find it more effective to just mismatch the seeds and compensate for the poor nutrients by tending and watering. Or you can just use fertilizer items.

This is the annoying part for me. Once you realize you can't do the perfect crop combos, you have to actually pay attention to them, but at that point (at least for me) you're spending every moment you have tending to the plants instead of other productive things.

36 minutes ago, Souper said:

This is the annoying part for me. Once you realize you can't do the perfect crop combos, you have to actually pay attention to them, but at that point (at least for me) you're spending every moment you have tending to the plants instead of other productive things.

You can double the yield of in-season crops by just making the farmland wet and talking to every plant once (or using something like a beefalo horn) before ignoring them and coming back later to harvest. You can also manually fertilize with manure to give them more happiness.

11 hours ago, Cheggf said:

You can double the yield of in-season crops by just making the farmland wet and talking to every plant once (or using something like a beefalo horn) before ignoring them and coming back later to harvest. You can also manually fertilize with manure to give them more happiness.

Oh so you can talk to (beefalo horn) & water & fertilize each plot just once and then be on your way?

3 minutes ago, Souper said:

Oh so you can talk to (beefalo horn) & water & fertilize each plot just once and then be on your way?

Depending on whether or not the plant is in season and in the company of 3 others of its variety, you can do as little as talk to the plant once and be on your way. If you're only caring for the plant a single time you'll probably get 1 seed & 1 crop allowing for doubling every yield with a bird, but if you come back just one more time before the plant finishes growing you can probably get 2 seeds & 1 crop if you're doing more than just talking.

But if you want giant crops for the fastest growth you do have to be kind of tethered to the base a bit. Can't go too far.

Archived