Hydrogen generator

If I read the information well, then 1 electrolyser should be able to feed 1 hydrogen generator.

But in my setup, not even 3 can feed 2 hydrogen generators, the amount of gas is getting lower.

I hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

hydrogen.png

hydrogen2.png

hydrogen3.png

Well, firstly, your electrolyzer does not work all the time due to overload from the amount of surrounding gas. this is the reason for underproduction. When using a loin lyser, there is enough hydrogen to operate more than one hydrogen generator. just build an effective lyser and the useful ratio will increase. As for hydrogen and oxygen.

1.png

You need two pumps per electrolyzer to keep the pressures from rising to shutoff levels.  I typically use 2 1/2 pumps with the "half" pump built to take care of hydrogen (meaning 1 h2 pump per two lyzers).  You should also probably look into the various methods of gas separation as filters are pretty power hungry.

Ok I changed the setup to this and this works much better thank you

hydrogen4.png

hydrogen5.png

18 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

You need two pumps per electrolyzer to keep the pressures from rising to shutoff levels.  I typically use 2 1/2 pumps with the "half" pump built to take care of hydrogen (meaning 1 h2 pump per two lyzers).  You should also probably look into the various methods of gas separation as filters are pretty power hungry.

Yes I can see, it uses a lot of power. I will look for another way to separate the gas, I did not yet researched everything. But I will take a look at that.

Edit:

The setup isn't that good, after a few minutes all the oxygen pipes are blocked.

2 hours ago, Coolen said:

The setup isn't that good, after a few minutes all the oxygen pipes are blocked.

Because your vents are over pressure, because you've fully oxygenated your base, because you're making more O2 than you're using. That's good, that's the goal.

4 hours ago, Coolen said:

Yes I can see, it uses a lot of power. I will look for another way to separate the gas, I did not yet researched everything. But I will take a look at that.

You actually only need 1 filter per 2 pumps.

Or mechanical filters.

Archived