How to set the number of players to be more than 64?

Afaik there's no way to adjust the player count beyond 64 players, as it might be a game engine limitation.

Some players have managed to increase the max players on client hosts from 6 up to 64, but I haven't seen any mod going higher. You could try looking at those mods and editing them yourself to see if you can push it further on a dedicated server. Though I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

That said, many players have had performance issues maintaining that many players at once, so that might be the first thing to take care of.

Are you really at a point where 64 slots isn't enough and people are unable to join?  Even if you do manage to increase the player count, it's not really practical because with that # of players, the game will likely be so lagged it will be unplayable unless you have some NASA level computer.

Thanks for reply!@nome@I Heart Popcorn

I know it's hard to carry so many players in a single world process.But with dedicated server and multi tier worlds,it's easy.Because Dedicated Server can make each world own one progress and each world progress can enjoy the cpu's single core/thread resource.

For example, I create 8 worlds(4 forests+4 caves) and each world have 8 to 12 players, so the total number of players is 64 to 96.Through a mod(Multi-World Picker) ,I can limit up to 12 players in each world. In this way, we don't need any NASA level computer at all, we just only need one or two servers with medium performance(one 8-core or two 4-core computers) to enable a large number of players to play at the same time.This gives full play to the advantages of the multi-layered world.But now the problem is what my title says,I want to set the number of players to be more than 64.Is there any way to break through the number limit?:cupcake:

I don’t think that is how the game works based on comments devs have made  at various points in this forum, including the one made directly to you stating the game would probably lag so badly with 64 players. 

Each world (which is collectively all of the shards) uses a single core to process the game. The game does not utilize separate cores for each shards (which you incorrectly refer to as worlds). 

if you are adamant about wanting to increase player count above 64, I suggest you contact the owner of those servers fir which you provided a screen shot. 

• Developer

@Onion Ketchup is technically correct in that if the players each keep to their own worlds, the impact of player count on performance is mitigated, but there'd be nothing forcing them all to their own worlds so if they all dogpiled into one it would slow to a crawl.

Regardless, player counts >64 are not currently supported.

@I Heart PopcornShards are referred to as worlds because of my habit. Now that you mentioned it, let's have a good talk. In the Dedicated Server, each shard is divided into independent processes (what is the reason for improving server performance).Instead of all the shards and your client itself sharing a single core as the server created by the client.It is not the number of players that affects the performance of each shard, but the entity loading areas that affected by players' movement in the shard.The calculation amout of these areas will affect the performance of this shard. If it is a server created by a client, dut to the shared core, the performance of all shards will be affected; If it is a dedicated server, other shards will not be affected.

Of cource, because of my limited practice, what I said may not be completely right.

Thanks!:)

@nomeAll right, I get it.

By the way, through the mod which I mentioned above, we can limit the number of players in each world, so it won't happen that all players are crowded in one world.

Regardless, thanks again to all the people who have helped me!:)

Archived