Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

me real life

Crafting a Pumpkin Lantern should also give some pumpkin seeds, because you're carving the pumpkin.

On 1/11/2021 at 3:20 PM, AileTheAlien said:

But wouldn't it make it too easy to farm pumpkins? Scarecrows and lanterns would become a lot cheaper to produce, compared with Melon-hats, which also don't give you seeds, or using veggies for food.

1 firefly in exchange for seeds? That's not a fair trade at all. OP can have his idea come to life and I still wouldn't craft pumpkin lanterns.

I would rather keep my firefly. Hell, I'd just make the pumpkin lantern last permanently.

On 1/12/2021 at 12:07 AM, chirsg said:

I would rather keep my firefly. [...] make the pumpkin lantern last permanently

I think the bigger issue there, is that fireflies aren't renewable except for a special time of year in the one biome. Basically everything non-boss respawns or is farmable in this game, and even boss items, if you fight through multiple years. I don't think a non-boss item should be on the same cadence as boss-items, for farmability.

On 1/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, AileTheAlien said:

I think the bigger issue there, is that fireflies aren't renewable except for a special time of year in the one biome. Basically everything non-boss respawns or is farmable in this game, and even boss items, if you fight through multiple years. I don't think a non-boss item should be on the same cadence as boss-items, for farmability.

there are 3 Fireflies that respawn every Summer at the Oasis Lake

Whoops, I was writing this under the assumption that the Fireflies dropped when the lanterns rot in DST, because that's what I'd heard, but yeah I tested in-game and turns out that's just completely untrue... that really sucks and makes me less eager to farm pumpkins now, if anything that should be changed imo.