what if we just melt the walls of the rocket pod

So hear me out here. The walls of the rocket pod in the menu are made out of steel. they have a pretty high melting point.

BUT

we have access to materials with an even higher melting point late game.

the pod creates a new space void of everything except for the pod itself.

if we can melt the pod walls, we would be able to expand into that area, allowing us to have ridiculously large spaces held within the rocket capsules

The machine must produce gas.    The gas is created under a tile. The pressure of the gas will slowly break the tile.  Pressure damage.    

Like how you see liquids can break tiles when there are too much liquid in a tile area.  Pressure damage will cause the tiles to Break.    

We also tried on stream to use water damage to break the walls and it worked. Just took too long to be practical.   The sublimation was easier to do.  You can test this easily by putting a horizontal door over the sublimation. And the door will break.  

20 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

It's not obvious to me how this could be possible.

It seemed like an old deodorizer bug. If you put a deodorizer directly below a tile after several cycles and in high gas pressure (around 5-10kg..?) the tile above the deodorizer seemed to be present but was not really there and dupes could run through it. I don't know in how much pressure sublimation station does the trick.

Spoiler

Screenshot of 2018 bug

Capture.JPG.145e6c426cd17a4ee8da9e09975982f1.JPG

Maybe the same bug/typo as the gas range where it outputs the gas one tile too high. Easy to check for anyone who has happened to decompile the DLC. Same thing as debug painting a gas over a tile. The gas replaces the underlying solid but the building part of the tile still exists. It doesn't do anything because it never did anything in the first place.

2 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

The pressure of the gas will slowly break the tile.  Pressure damage.

There is no such thing as pressure damage from gas in the game.

2 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

It seemed like an old deodorizer bug.

2 hours ago, wachunga said:

Maybe the same bug as the gas range where it outputs the gas one tile too high.

Confirmed. Sublimation station outputs mass above it on the left tile. If a solid tile is there, it will instead delete mass from it until it is gone.

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

It seemed like an old deodorizer bug. If you put a deodorizer directly below a tile after several cycles and in high gas pressure (around 5-10kg..?) the tile above the deodorizer seemed to be present but was not really there and dupes could run through it. I don't know in how much pressure sublimation station does the trick.

Hide contents

Screenshot of 2018 bug

Capture.JPG.145e6c426cd17a4ee8da9e09975982f1.JPG

Yup  i noticed along time ago.  Not sure if that still happens with deordorizer now but   it does happen with sublimation 

Archived