What can move boats in coastal ocean?

I've build some boats in coastal ocean, where I usually only see puffins, small fish, and skittersquids -- there are no gnarwails or sharks. Once in a while, I see that some boats have shifted ever so slightly (I can tell because they're now misaligned with geometric placement). These boats have no sails/anchors etc., so what could be causing them to move?

The sharks rotating the world. 

But actually, I don't know. It's a pretty known thing that boats just move if you don't put an anchor on them. Maybe the Puffins' seeds push them ever so slightly? Something like that

1 hour ago, DaZoul said:

The sharks rotating the world. 

But actually, I don't know. It's a pretty known thing that boats just move if you don't put an anchor on them. Maybe the Puffins' seeds push them ever so slightly? Something like that

Hmm.. it would have to be something displacing the boat, but not putting it in motion, since I think boats without anchors that are moving will never stop unless you stop the server..

On 1/2/2021 at 7:06 AM, SansNickel said:

Hmm.. it would have to be something displacing the boat, but not putting it in motion, since I think boats without anchors that are moving will never stop unless you stop the server..

Yes, a boat that's been put into motion will stay in motion until an anchor is dropped. Although if it crashes into something in such a way that it gets stuck on it instead of bouncing away or crashing through it'll stay stationary, but I don't know if it's actually stationary stationary or trying-to-go-through-the-obstacle stationary.

On 1/2/2021 at 5:50 AM, DaZoul said:

Maybe the Puffins' seeds push them ever so slightly?

This is ridiculous, nonsensical, and might just be the correct answer. I've never noticed the seeds moving boats, but my boats never go too long without an anchor on them. Maybe it displaces the boat a very very small amount that over a long period of time can move the boat a little.

Archived