Jump to content

Dupes should not drop stuff on Ladders


Recommended Posts

As per title. Oh my goodness it is frustrating to go back to vanilla rules with Space Out mods being disabled. Now it makes total sense why my base is running at a fraction the efficiency that it should. I can't think of any other vanilla mechanic which is more frustrating and more clearly enforces a specific base building strategy. Why are ladder shafts not allowed Klei?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact that they will pick up an item, carry it 90% of the way to it's destination, and then drop it to the bottom of the base instead of putting it just a couple tiles from where it is going is maddening, and I really hope that they do something about this.

I would love a "dupes finish current task before going on break" command. I would happily give them an extra shift of break if it meant they were not constantly going into the depths of the earth to start a task and then immediately turning around and heading back because it is downtime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At least, dupes should not begin a task that they could not achieve before downtime.

 

On the same level of annoyance, atmosuit checkpoints should record that a dupe came to take an atmosuit. So that another one can't start an errand and then drop a material because another dupe take the last atmosuit. :-/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Gwido said:

At least, dupes should not begin a task that they could not achieve before downtime.

That would require the game to calculate how long will the task take. Even with simple delivery it`s hard as dupes can get distracted by running through liquid or meeting other dupes. That would be a lot of calculations slowing the game.

9 hours ago, Gwido said:

On the same level of annoyance, atmosuit checkpoints should record that a dupe came to take an atmosuit. So that another one can't start an errand and then drop a material because another dupe take the last atmosuit. :-/

That`s already a thing. Once one dupe books a suit (gets a task assigned on the other side of the checkpoint with just one suit the other dupes lose pathing premission past the checkpoint so won`t get assigned tasks on the other side, thus won`t drop anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

That`s already a thing. Once one dupe books a suit (gets a task assigned on the other side of the checkpoint with just one suit the other dupes lose pathing premission past the checkpoint so won`t get assigned tasks on the other side, thus won`t drop anything.

Currently, the game can assign a task to many dupes, even if there's only one suit. And so, when the first of them take the suit, the others loose the errand, and can drop hazardous material just because there's no management on this point. :-/

 

13 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

That would require the game to calculate how long will the task take. Even with simple delivery it`s hard as dupes can get distracted by running through liquid or meeting other dupes. That would be a lot of calculations slowing the game.

Don't the game already make this sort ofcalculation to pop up the "long errand" warning ? ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Gwido said:

Don't the game already make this sort ofcalculation to pop up the "long errand" warning ?

You mean "long commutes"? Isn't that a sum of time and not specific task calculations? (average travelling time between errands/locations of every dupe)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Gwido said:

Currently, the game can assign a task to many dupes, even if there's only one suit. And so, when the first of them take the suit, the others loose the errand, and can drop hazardous material just because there's no management on this point. :-/

That`s not what i observed. The other day i was waiting for my miner to do his task in the oil biome and after clicking the errand it showed unreachable for most dupes and skill required for others (or offworld). I checked the pathing for the miner and and it ended at the checkpoint (the suit wasn`t taken yet). Another dupe had a deliver errand and reserved the suit blocking the path for all the others. Once he was done the miner did his job just fine. If all tasks after the checkpoint behave like this (i assume they should) then dupes shouldn`t drop stuff beacause of suits getting taken. Guess we need to test it with more suits and different tasks.

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

You mean "long commutes"? Isn't that a sum of time and not specific task calculations? (average travelling time between errands/locations of every dupe)

Exactly. Long commutes just calculates the time dupes spend traveling and if it`s high shows the warning. If the system had to calculate the time it takes to do errands it would have to do it ahead of time which could even mean simulating the game half a cycle ahead. That would be pretty taxing for the cpu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...