DO-DOOOOT!!!!!!

I cannot play this game with my sound on because of this alert noise.  Every time I do I notice my headset is off after awhile and then its actually the ONLY sound I can hear.  I apologize if there is already a way to disable this sound but I just cannot stand it, it almost NEVER means anything of significance.  It is AWFUL!!!

I don't see any other complaints about this so I am wondering if there is someway to turn it off?  It would be great if I only heard that noise when a dupe was literally dying, not when a battery is out of charge?  There is also a bug where the alert system (flashing circles) in the upper right corner is getting bigger and bigger and now covers the entire upper right hand corner of the screen...

@erdinger1 Perhaps you can do a video with sound recording, then the community could tell if a known issue ? That video would be a great attachment for adding to the bug database, you can find the bug posting link in the root forum. BTW Erdinger is the best beer in the world, love it !

Happy new year my friend :cheerful:

On 1/4/2021 at 5:15 PM, babba said:

Erdinger is the best beer in the world

Pikantus is the one (the other two not so much). Duvel shall nail your soul to the ground. Köstritzer FTW

On 12/26/2020 at 12:08 PM, erdinger1 said:

its actually the ONLY sound I can hear

Click on spoiler, you know you wanna...

Spoiler

I usually micromanage the dupes enough to not get notifications... And actually set up notifiers that do tell me of emergencies...

On 12/31/2020 at 12:54 PM, erdinger1 said:

I don't see any other complaints about this so I am wondering if there is someway to turn it off?  It would be great if I only heard that noise when a dupe was literally dying, not when a battery is out of charge?

Yes, you can configure the notifications/diagnostics to not alert you to specific things such as battery level. Unfortunately this configuration is not persistent across saves and would need to be turned off each time you load the game.

Archived