I figured out the two things that need to be implemented to make farming fully automatic

22 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

Couldn't you use an Ocuvigil to keep the area loaded for the Friendly Fruit Fly? Genuinely asking here because I don't know if anyone has tried that yet or not.

The Ocuvigil does not keep things loaded. Here's a simple test: Plant a lot of seeds then put an ocuvigil in the middle and the fruit fly fruit next to it. You'll see that the fruit fly moves on the map until you get far enough. That's when it unloads. You can move back closer to it and notice it moving again.

15 minutes ago, Electroely said:

The Ocuvigil does not keep things loaded. Here's a simple test: Plant a lot of seeds then put an ocuvigil in the middle and the fruit fly fruit next to it. You'll see that the fruit fly moves on the map until you get far enough. That's when it unloads. You can move back closer to it and notice it moving again.

After some thought, I think the original purpose of the Fly was to follow the player and make manual tending faster. Guess there really is no way to auto-tend the farms in the end.

Despite this update, I still believe that stone fruit is the best vegetable and food source in the entire game. If we want these new crops to compete I think we should have automation. Maybe even have tilled ground stayed tilled after picking? it saves a little time and resources, and makes farming compete with pickables like juicy berries, lichen and stone fruit.

11 hours ago, Seero said:

Despite this update, I still believe that stone fruit is the best vegetable and food source in the entire game. If we want these new crops to compete I think we should have automation. Maybe even have tilled ground stayed tilled after picking? it saves a little time and resources, and makes farming compete with pickables like juicy berries, lichen and stone fruit.

Stone fruit doesnt heal you 20 for each roasted veggie or fill your stomage that much outside of dishes,  also roots fast

To have fast filler is still being the best but crops have more variety of things to cook like sanity foods

Like others already said, this update is too good, it even makes having food too easy, so i dont see why we should not use 1 second of one man band and right click few times to water when the animation can be cancelled to do it faster

The only thing that really takes time is to correct missclicking with the hoe and still being fair when in 4 days you will need more fridges to store the stupid amount of veggies

12 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Stone fruit doesnt heal you 20 for each roasted veggie or fill your stomage that much outside of dishes,  also roots fast

it makes pierogi though

and pierogi is a bit less cumbersome and easier to come by

also its unperishable in its stone form

Archived