dealing with batilisks

Bats are starting to get on my nerves. I've used bunnymen, walls, now i have 2x houndius near the cave-in at main area and they still annoy the hell out of me and make a mess all over the place. Is there a way to stop them from spawning, if i make 5x(or 6?) telelocator focuses on a lunar mini-island and teleport all of them there, will they come back? That's a bit expensive to experiment, i was wondering if anybody tested this already, but i'm open to any alternative no matter the cost lol. 

A very cheap way to combat bats that cleans up the mess afterwards are Lureplants! :D only downside being they go dormant in Winter and u kinda have to be Wormwood, but you could also try to lay down a path of manmade turf towards the sinkhole so u can get in and out safely. 

position the bulb towards your base (if its near) so the majority of the eyeplants are in the direction of ur base, this will guarantee no bats will get near you 

19 minutes ago, Ohan said:

A very cheap way to combat bats that cleans up the mess afterwards are Lureplants! :D only downside being they go dormant in Winter and u kinda have to be Wormwood, but you could also try to lay down a path of manmade turf towards the sinkhole so u can get in and out safely. 

position the bulb towards your base (if its near) so the majority of the eyeplants are in the direction of ur base, this will guarantee no bats will get near you 

Thanks, forgot about this, i'll give it a chance; i think i've thought about it before but i have that area already turfed and didn't want to mess up the build, but I could just dig up 3-4 tiles near the cave in and see how that goes.

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

How many bunny men you have? Is weird that they still disturbing you instead of having the aggro on the bunny man

What if you put 2 or 3 fenced hutches ? 

they annoy me because of the mess they make with all the guano, the bunnymen kill them too often. I prefer the houndiuses bc they only attack them if they aggro on me, but it is still messy, so i was hoping for a solution to never see them again :D

Just now, BeeClops said:

they annoy me because of the mess they make with all the guano, the bunnymen kill them too often. I prefer the houndiuses bc they only attack them if they aggro on me, but it is still messy, so i was hoping for a solution to never see them again :D

then the lureplant isnt a bad idea since will clean the mess and i dont think it needs to be so near of the cave entrance to be dangerous, bats will aggro the eyes anyways

I personally just place a few walls near the sinkhole. For some reason, the batilisks don't do damage to them, so they just keep biting. This doesn't work sometimes, so when it doesn't I just kill them. The fact that you can kill them in one hit with quite a few weapons makes them much less of a hassle. I've started carrying around a thulecite club for these sort of fights since it has good durability.

9 hours ago, BeeClops said:

Is there a way to stop them from spawning, if i make 5x(or 6?) telelocator focuses on a lunar mini-island and teleport all of them there, will they come back? That's a bit expensive to experiment, i was wondering if anybody tested this already, but i'm open to any alternative no matter the cost lol. 

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. I tried it, and as soon as I restarted my world the bats I had telelocated away disappeared and more started spawning from the sinkhole.

@Electroely yeah i was currently using a setup with walls and 2 houndiuses, and while they are not ever a threat they are just too damn messy even if houndiuses don't kill them on a daily bases. 

I noticed that they would ignore the walls if there is something edible for them on the ground(they'll just fly over it in that case) or if chester is nearby. Or if i stay near them for too long. A combination of walls + houndius + lureplant might do it, i'll test when winter is over.

I was hoping that teleporting them would work as a permanent solution, since rn my setup for dealing with those 1 hit mobs is more complicated and expensive than most raid bosses setups. I'll probably be advocating for a batilisk nerf soon lol.

@mike23ua i'd be ok with that, give how useless the spotlight is. But i don't see that happening. Catapults are a big fat nope tho :D

I’m seriously questioning what the purpose of the Spotlight even is actually.. I find it to be mostly useless.

And that’s Sad because anyone who has played Winona enough knows that Winona’s Structures require Nitre or Gems to keep fueled- Both of these items are obtained mostly from going in Caves where Winona will be actively dealing with combating with Batilisks.

The Spotlight buff would give her a role of keeping bats at Bay, giving the Spotlight a better use then whatever purpose it’s supposed to serve now.

It would be even better if this Spotlight was Portable like Warlys Crockpot but only Winona could pick up and move it.

This is the best suggestion I have for dealing with Batilisks, I honestly can’t think up anything better. Sorry!

Archived