Bundling wraps becoming invisible

Hi, i've been experiencing this bug quite a lot lately, and it can be infuriating. 

If i leave my backpack/sack on the ground, go away like few screens away, when i come back to pick it up the wrapped bundles in my sack are invisible, and my tools/helmets/weapons have no durability shown. I also cannot move them around in my inventory until i drop them on the ground first. This bug can also happen in chester, with both bundles and tools/helmets/weapons durability.

I got used to it and expect it by now, but it drove me insane the first times, as you can imagine, having all your bundles missing can cause panic. Does anyone else experience this? 

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

Yep I've experienced this but its rare, generally only happens upon logging in and it happens more in chester than my inventory. Its pretty frustrating having to drop all affected items, pick them back up and reorganise in my/chesters inventory.

Yeah reorganizing inventory is a pain, and it's not rare for me, surely not only after I logging in, as I usually have my backpack on when logging off, and I'd say I experience the bug daily, while it's usually all fine when I log into the game.

I have the same issue but it seems like you have two separate problems. One the bundled supplies are missing and two the durability on weapons etc, no? I'm having both issues, but I can't see the bundled supplies anywhere but apparently you can?

On 12/23/2020 at 11:37 PM, BeeClops said:

Yeah reorganizing inventory is a pain, and it's not rare for me, surely not only after I logging in, as I usually have my backpack on when logging off, and I'd say I experience the bug daily, while it's usually all fine when I log into the game.

Ah that's rough, I get it pretty rarely and its still somewhat painful. What sort of backpack are you using?

I rarely if ever aren't carrying my Krampus sack so it rarely hits the ground, all my other bundles are in chests.. actually no sorry I have a few Krampus Sacks on the ground filled with bundles but they're always normal when I go to get one.

5 hours ago, phasic said:

I have the same issue but it seems like you have two separate problems. One the bundled supplies are missing and two the durability on weapons etc, no? I'm having both issues, but I can't see the bundled supplies anywhere but apparently you can?

The Bundles don't actually disappear or go missing they just appear invisible but you can select and drop the "empty" inventory slot and then pick it up and it'll be back to normal. It seems to be the same issue its like the item (whether its a tool or a bundle) seems to be in some sort of unloaded state and can't be used normally again (and doesn't show durability in the case of tools etc) until its been dropped and picked back up and reset if you will.

7 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Ah that's rough, I get it pretty rarely and its still somewhat painful. What sort of backpack are you using?

I rarely if ever aren't carrying my Krampus sack so it rarely hits the ground, all my other bundles are in chests.. actually no sorry I have a few Krampus Sacks on the ground filled with bundles but they're always normal when I go to get one.

I only use sack too and mostly carry it around, but i drop it for magi/bone armor for quick trips or fights, and very often when i get back to it it's bugged(if i go more than 1-2 screens away). I got used to carrying goat jelly bundle, glowberry mousse and fish cordon-bleu bundle, and hunger bundle with 4x food types in my sack, they are all different sizes of bundles so i recognize them, but reorganizing is still very annoying. 

@phasic the bundles seem like they are completely gone, but as GelatinousCube explained you can drop if you hover over the "empty" slots and then use them. But it definitely causes panic the first few times you have missing bundles, and it may be a while until you realize they are invisible.

There seem to be some other obscure instances of this type of bug. For example when i try to shave a beefalo that has already been shaved that day, the walking cane in my inventory will completely dissappear and i can't drop/interract with it, it's like it vanishes. However, if i go ahead and fill up my inventory with other things it will eventually drop.

Archived