Tiles should relocate critters like they do dupes

Really sick of having to monitor tile construction to make sure critters don't get trapped in them(The seem to love walking right into the active construction tile), recently made a floor for my ranch and EVERY SINGLE SWEETLE got trapped in the floor, multiple times...

Its been my observation that critters appear to actively try to get themselves trapped.  "Oh, good, that lightning bug is on the far side of the room. I can build this block over here..."  <click>  Seconds later the bug zips across the room and ends up in the block at the same moment the dupe finishes building it.  "For crying out loud..."  Doors seem even worse in this regard.  The exception is when I want to try and catch a critter inside a block or a door.  Then it becomes nearly impossible.  Its almost as if ONI is reading my mind to figure out what my intention is for building any particular thing...

I don't have a particular problem with the current system... but yes, it does get very deeply annoying if you haven't somehow fenced the critters away from the active construction.

i like that you can intentionally trap them. having them teleport away seems problematic. It is terribly troubling and frustrating to avoid doing it also.

you can use that mechanic to your advantage as well, briefly trap them build what/how you need, then free them.

I guess it's a matter of anticipation.

Archived