Wolfgang rework ideia

So in my last post about wicker Mike23Ua(Thanks) said something that gave me a lot of ideas of how to rework wolfgang to be more fun and still keeping him powerfull i'll try my best to explain since i don't know the correct names to thoose things i gonna mention. 

So i think making wolfgang damage based on his hunger it's not a good thing and my sugestion is to give him a "muscle bar" which goes from  0 to  200 or 0 to 100 i don't know which amount is the best and he would have two unique items

One of this you would build in your base like a normal construction or could be like warly portable Crock Pot, this gonna drain his hunger but would increase his muscle bar, like 10pts by each two seconds.. and the dumbbels(that's right?) would be a portable way to keep his muscle bar high even when far away from the base but more slowly giving him 2 or 5 points by each for seconds, the muscle bar would drain his hunger either like, 100% it's = 30% hunger drain, 50% = 15% hunger drain and 0 would let him with normal hunger drain and the damaged would be based on this muscle bar not in hunger and another ideia is to give him more sanity drain from creatures, not to much to make him bad at combat but enough to make thoose longs fights need some food to recovery sanity and another  thing could be making him get sanity bonus from exercising or by eating food since he like to stay strong. 

image.png.fc6097bf1915bcee7cd4a72ceed7eb4c.pngimage.png.c02623354eff9ec66b73d447acf38e3b.png

This would make wolfgang more fun to play and  having more  depth beside just eating when you need to use double damage and would give him a nice character trait since he's a strong man and he should be able to carry heavy objects with no speed reduction or at least less speed penalty(including marble armor), i don't know, maybe i'm just suggesting something bad but i really thought about this ideia and in my mind this make much sense and would be a great thing to wolfgang, he's OP and boring to play, no real  downsides and not real chalenge, giving him a rework like this it's better than just nerfing him, he should be STRONG and the best DPS but with a deep gameplay and by deep i don't mean hard, this system could be easy as the old one but making him more unique with this system rather than just 2x damage while full hunger it's already 10 times better.

Cheers.

You are very welcome, but it’s not actually my idea, it’s more of Klei’s idea and I’m pretty sure they’ve had plans to use it this way for quite sometime now- 

I originally got the idea myself by looking at his Vignettes for the game, all the Klei official Artworks of Wolfgang, the Compendium Description for him etc..

Basically: I looked deep into what Klei already showcases the character as doing in their drawings, Animated short cinematic etc.. and I went from there.

And: From those observations you’ll see him using a dumbell, lifting otherwise heavy stuff (like giant potato as seen in newest animation short) and being a coward (as seen in one of the old Hallowed Nights comic strips and also mentioned in his Compendium page under having a Myriad of Phobias)

Whenever I make suggestions for this game, any suggestions actually- I try to look at how the character or feature already works & then look at Artwork, drawings, animations etc Klei themselves did or drew- and then draw my inspiration from that.

For example when people started suggesting elevated plots of land be added to the game, I went and pulled the official artworks of characters standing on the edges of cliffs looking off mountain peaks and such- Its an Art or Animation direction that already exists from Klei themselves- and it’s still something I hope happens to the game someday.

When I suggested the things I suggested for Wendy’s refresh I kept in mind what ghost mobs in the game can Already do, as well as how Wendy herself just seemed to enjoy casual strolls through graveyards and didn’t really seem bothered by things that literally terrified Wolfgang (again as seen in Hallowed Nights loading screen)

I have extremely high expectations for Wolfgang’s rework. :) I’m hoping he becomes Fun to play.. with unique gameplay just like every other refresh so far has had.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

extremely high expectations for Wolfgang’s rework

Me too, i like Wolfgang but is kinda boring to play right now compare to Woodie. Hope he get some interesting mechanic soon.

5 hours ago, Lord Cafe said:

bonus from exercising

This is interesting. But instead of change the old Wolfgang, why don't we just add more.

Like: keep the current Wolfgang mechanic, add Exercise mechanic, something like:

a bench press as a structure (your is fine, but i'd like to see more weight on the bar),

Spoiler

Some thing like this:

stock-photo-bodybuilder-bench-press-illustration-color-drawing-isolated-on-a-white-246419272.jpg

a pair of dumbbells as a portable item (old fashion would be nice),

Spoiler

attachment.php?attachmentid=6941033&d=1400647812

Muscle bar is kinda nice, the bench press net more muscle point/s than the dumbbells, the more progress on the bar the more hunger drained >>> nice, maybe add speed debuff (equal to mighty form speed buff) as a downside

when exercising Wolfgang gain Sanity and loose hunger, both increase over time.

when Bar is full (10s with dumbbells, 5s with bench press, maybe more) you get a x2 dmg deal and half dmg taken buff for an reasonable amount of time (pair with mighty form, we got a x4 dmg and no speed buff at max). if you use dumbbells as weapon, muscle bar will not deplete, and dmg increase over time (from a spear to a dark sword), hunger drain increase over time too.

Each time Muscle bar is full, his main stats will upgrade, up to double the current amount maybe less :)  (like Wx-78 and gears) but will downgrade back to normal if stop exercising for too long (at least 1 a day).

Kinda fun (for me)!!!

10 hours ago, Psychomaniac said:

Me too, i like Wolfgang but is kinda boring to play right now compare to Woodie. Hope he get some interesting mechanic soon.

This is interesting. But instead of change the old Wolfgang, why don't we just add more.

Like: keep the current Wolfgang mechanic, add Exercise mechanic, something like:

a bench press as a structure (your is fine, but i'd like to see more weight on the bar),

Reveal hidden contents

Some thing like this:

stock-photo-bodybuilder-bench-press-illustration-color-drawing-isolated-on-a-white-246419272.jpg

a pair of dumbbells as a portable item (old fashion would be nice),

Reveal hidden contents

attachment.php?attachmentid=6941033&d=1400647812

Muscle bar is kinda nice, the bench press net more muscle point/s than the dumbbells, the more progress on the bar the more hunger drained >>> nice, maybe add speed debuff (equal to mighty form speed buff) as a downside

when exercising Wolfgang gain Sanity and loose hunger, both increase over time.

when Bar is full (10s with dumbbells, 5s with bench press, maybe more) you get a x2 dmg deal and half dmg taken buff for an reasonable amount of time (pair with mighty form, we got a x4 dmg and no speed buff at max). if you use dumbbells as weapon, muscle bar will not deplete, and dmg increase over time (from a spear to a dark sword), hunger drain increase over time too.

Each time Muscle bar is full, his main stats will upgrade, up to double the current amount maybe less :)  (like Wx-78 and gears) but will downgrade back to normal if stop exercising for too long (at least 1 a day).

Kinda fun (for me)!!!

The equipments that i said was just to explain this one that you posted are much better, you mentioned great things but i don't think we need damage reduction or 4x damage this would be to much and he's already strong enough.

Great feedback, thanks for sharing your ideias :).   

58 minutes ago, Lord Cafe said:

damage reduction or 4x damage

Yeah, Wolfgang is already OP as he is right now, but we should get some bonus from exercising, dmg is the only related bonus  (more muscle > more dmg, less speed). dmg reduction kinda useless when one master the art of kiting, but it's help new Survivor. also when you max muscle bar, you get speed debuff > hard to kiting & force Tanking more so i think it's may come in handy.

I like this idea. More hunger isn't a downside and having to maintain muscle seems interesting enough (encouraging chopping, digging ect).

My only question/concern is what does the player do as he is working out? Would it be like a tent where you sit there and watch an animation play? Because that would be boring. But also making it similar to rowing (where you have to control the character in a simple way) could get old very quick.

I definitely think this could be a good possible direction for Wolfgang if done right.

26 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Klei really should finish character reworks first

Nah.. let them take their dear sweet time I would rather have great well thought out reworks that take time then rushed poorly thought out ones any day.

28 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

I like this idea. More hunger isn't a downside and having to maintain muscle seems interesting enough (encouraging chopping, digging ect).

My only question/concern is what does the player do as he is working out? Would it be like a tent where you sit there and watch an animation play? Because that would be boring. But also making it similar to rowing (where you have to control the character in a simple way) could get old very quick.

I definitely think this could be a good possible direction for Wolfgang if done right.

Like I said: Wendy now has to literally go through a short animation of whispering into her sisters flower (ghost whisperer) It is a very short animation but one that can be costly- for example if you are running for your life from a hound wave or Tallbirds, etc taking the time to stop to summon Abigail can and often will be the death of you if you were already low health.

My idea for Wolfgang rework: Remove puny Wolfgang altogether- it’s one less character sprite to have to animate and like Wendy, and Wigfrid, and Willow, and Woodie it’s a less harsh character downside.. since downsides seem to be disappearing altogether I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest bit if puny wolf got the Axe.

With that form gone you only have normal wolf and mighty Wolf, but to be mighty requires mighty activities such as a short ghost whisperer style animation of lifting the dumbell weight and in addition to the weight carrying heavy large objects without move speed penalties while in Mighty mode.

(Basically he can lift weight a few times to trigger Mighty Mode then can perform Mighty actions like carrying statue parts or large veggies, or throwing teammates through the air like a circus Strongman, to maintain mighty form for longer duration)

With That being his strength and puny form completely gone he needs a new downside- Hence Myriad of phobias: If For example Wolfgang was to become scared of Ghosts,  then Wendy’s Abigail petal buff would not impact his damage at all.. or If he was scared of a large group of enemies.. he couldn’t Tank a horde of Spiders by himself.

And besides if you are terrified of ONE Spider, 15 billion aren’t going to make you any less scared. :lol:

Archived