A Computer In Your Game

8 hours ago, molsen234 said:

I am still having fun with the CPU, today it has not crashed yet, as I try to not pause the game. That seems to help.

There is a burning question though: Are you planning on adding memory write to the MOV instruction, or perhaps a STA / STB instruction (might be more intuitive)? It would be a great next step :)

No no, don't worry, im planning to add Push/Pop commands. That's why there is an SP :P. But it will take some time, and there are bigger problems that must be solved. For example the PC has issues with the upper 4 bits. I'll have to solve those first.

9 hours ago, Arnadath said:

No no, don't worry, im planning to add Push/Pop commands. That's why there is an SP :P. But it will take some time, and there are bigger problems that must be solved. For example the PC has issues with the upper 4 bits. I'll have to solve those first.

Yes, I doubled the RAM and noticed that, but didn't get to find out why yet. It's 30 years ago I read about the different logic circuits that make up a CPU, so I am a bit rusty at reading diagrams :D

4 hours ago, he77789 said:

How much memory does it have currently?

16 bytes, which is already a lot in a game like ONI :)

Archived