2 volcanos next to each other

What is a good way I can use these? I only just started playing the game again after full launch. The last time I played geysers looked different so I don't know about a lot of the changes. But I did hear about the horror of volcanos heating up the world and wonder if there is any use for 2 of them that are very close together. You can see 1 at the of this screen shot and the other at the bottom. 

image.png

They only heat up the world if you dig them out entirely (technically it's a single tile that keeps them covered). So if you can't or don't want to deal with them just keep them covered

You can tile them in with obsidian insulated tiles to collect the magma. Then you can use it for power or to boil oil

For example steam turbines for energy generation, sour gas generator for energy generation or melting rust into iron. But all of them except for the steam turbines may be a bit complicated and are more late-game stuff. You can also google for "oni volcano tamer".

Archived