Beefalo herd starting

Guys, can you tell me how I can start a buffalo herd wherever I want. First i brought a beefalo but it returned to its herd back. Then i took one beefalo and killed all the rest. Brought it where i want. But it returned to the place where his herd died. So what should i do ? 

You can leave a fully domesticated beefalo to go feral, it well then start a new herd where it was left. I dont know if this works with partially domesticated beefalo so its definitely a time investment if you want to start a new herd. 

2 hours ago, jacques said:

Guys, can you tell me how I can start a buffalo herd wherever I want. First i brought a beefalo but it returned to its herd back. Then i took one beefalo and killed all the rest. Brought it where i want. But it returned to the place where his herd died. So what should i do ? 

You need to move the remaining beefalo slowly to move its herd. It's quite time consuming.

If you want to create a brand new herd, you need to fully domesticate a beefalo then let it go feral (partial domestication doesnt work). The beefalo will start its own herd when it goes feral. I wish there was an easier way to make new herds, though. Maybe something like volt goats?

On 12/16/2020 at 3:05 PM, Electroely said:

You need to move the remaining beefalo slowly to move its herd. It's quite time consuming.

If you want to create a brand new herd, you need to fully domesticate a beefalo then let it go feral (partial domestication doesnt work). The beefalo will start its own herd when it goes feral. I wish there was an easier way to make new herds, though. Maybe something like volt goats?

Is there a way to make new volt goat herds without the hunts in spring? I'm in dire need of volt goat horns

1 hour ago, Muzarello said:

Is there a way to make new volt goat herds without the hunts in spring? I'm in dire need of volt goat horns

I guess you have a chance to find new goat from suspicius dirt pile in the spring while raining. 

1 hour ago, Muzarello said:

I'm pretty sure the only way to make new goat herds is with hunts in spring. The herds your world should've generated with should be good for some horns, though.

If you take one of the goats to a really far location and trap it so it can't escape, you can have a goat herd that doesn't despawn when "all" its members die (because it'll always have one remaining goat). Pair this with anenemies, which can kill the goats automatically when they spawn, and you got yourself a decent source of volt goat horns. It takes a lot of work to set up, but it is worthwhile.

Archived