No Dreckos on Start-Asteroid?

Are there supposed to be no Dreckos in the starting asteroid's jungle biomes? I started my second colony with quite a bit of jungle on it's starting asteroids but there were no Dreckos to be seen anywhere which make getting Reed Fiber pretty much impossible without teleporting/flying to other asteriods, the later one being a bit difficult if you dont have the fiber to make atmo suits.

It's intentional. They just released an update that allows to start on a Terra asteroid with Dreckos

But you absolutely don't need atmo suits for rockets. With the smaller map sizes and no requirement to build a meteor shield dupes can just hold their breath in space. You don't need suits until you get into oil

The problem is that in my base, the heat from the magma cooks my oil biome and half of my second asteroid, so I need to use atmo suit to even consider getting petroleum. I eventually got onto the radioactive asteroid and get a few seeds to cultivate some reed fiber, but still, it took way too long for me to get oil and plastic than it should be. There should be alternative ways to get reed fibers to get the suits, or alternative ways to get high overheating metal early on.

Archived