So in classic, one deodorize would tear that polluted oxygen up..

Now, besides the requirement of dragging a simple wire ALL OVER your map to make it work..

does anyone else notice that it is VERY weak sauce? I feel they nerfed the range or something on deodorizers. I have 8 built around a gas element sensor and it is still not filtering out the polluted oxygen all the way at a fast enough rate.. what gives?

Range is still 2 tiles from center, and can still process 100g/s. They did change how quickly it fluctuates on and off, but I can't personally see a reduction in performance from the change. It sounds like source of the problem is the unnecessary automation you added.

Now that everything porduces polluted oxygen in the starting biome it`s super hard to clean all that up. I get a feeling that there is no point of trying until you get rid of all the polluted dirt/mud blocks, contain the polluted water and switch to a cleaner oxygen source than the sublimators.

1 hour ago, nakomaru said:

unnecessary automation

I should've mention the automation made for a gas pump lol

58 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Now that everything porduces polluted oxygen

I agree with this.. and it's.. an insane rate of it being produced.. the automation is set to a not gate to stop functioning once oxygen level is reached.. but the pump is just pumping out polluted oxygen.. and it just hasn't stopped.. even with literally 8 deodorizers surrounding the gas pump lol.. It just is crazy how much is being produced? I don't know.. I'm gonna disable the gas pump and let the deodorizers do their work maybe.. but it really seems to me that they are slower than before.

4 hours ago, nakomaru said:

Range is still 2 tiles from center, and can still process 100g/s.

I would dare say it's 90 g/s. (Base game also has this blessing of a number.)

Edit: My mistake. I looked at output only. So rate is correct 100g/s polluted oxygen is consumed.

deo.thumb.png.85959dd177a32b9b5bc713085336c462.png

3 hours ago, misotoma said:

but the pump is just pumping out polluted oxygen

If you set up a "clean room" with liquid locks with the pump & deodorizers inside then there is no need to worry about polluted oxygen. Only if you're patient enough to build it... 

2 hours ago, Gamatron332 said:

The gas pump has a range in the shape of an x I believe from the power plugin.

The shape is of a + sign. Diagonals wouldn't exist that easily in ONI :D.

The power plug is above the correct location. And range extends 1 tile to the left and 1 below the pump.

Edit: See @nakomaru's reply below.

Hope this helps.

16 minutes ago, JRup said:
4 hours ago, nakomaru said:

Range is still 2 tiles from center, and can still process 100g/s.

I would dare say it's 90 g/s. (Base game also has this blessing of a number.)

The op is talking about the ability of deodorizers to act on the atmosphere, so I was too.
image.png.1f715fe09fbf8f56d8119524b1067d35.png

The power plug (top left) is not the center of action of the gas pump. It's the bottom left.
image.png.2040e51de1d9ffc147b076cd8af9f7fc.png

@nakomaru

Thanks, I'd just gone and looked at it again. Guessing my morning coffee needed a boost today.

3 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

The power plug (top left) is not the center of action of the gas pump. It's the bottom left.

Also correct. :)

Finally, a bit OT I guess, but, has anyone decided to include new buildings in the tiles of interest? (For that matter, do we have anything in the forum besides referencing the imgur - I believe the OP from the imgur did state that it could be generously reused https://imgur.com/a/wwIuCi0)

10 minutes ago, JRup said:

Finally, a bit OT I guess, but, has anyone decided to include new buildings in the tiles of interest? (For that matter, do we have anything in the forum besides referencing the imgur - I believe the OP from the imgur did state that it could be generously reused https://imgur.com/a/wwIuCi0)

I call that the root tile. It is the same tile that your mouse highlights when placing any building, the same tile that pumps draw in from, the same tile that all contents of the building act on the world as debris, the same tile that must be accessible for storage access, and also the center of rotation for buildings which can be rotated. No imgur needed.

Some examples
image.png.b435495f1e25eab457f86e3e3090ee1a.png
image.png.fbf9b5328e6c12a0757ca81fb366d369.png
image.png.9dc920d47189bb7cd4c8a145e7c053c7.png
image.png.dc24e471ca5fca1849ea9a91adf5d1c6.png
image.png.1ccaa7a1af6ebc22ff1da4c4e05b09e2.pngimage.png.4986b998a8106d4a3154230db24a4c99.png

Archived