Print pod suggestion

I don’t know if it’s possible or if it’s even a good idea but.. maybe klei can do a rework on how the printing pod presents the options available. Like in other games that use a color based ranking system where for example green, blue, purple, orange can rank how good or rare a duplicant option can be. So if a grey dupe is offered it will have a very bad roll and if an orange dupe is offered it would have “legendary stats”.. idk why I enjoy that system so much and maybe it could be fun to implement that in the game. Also maybe a use for having so many skill points stacked up.. to either exchange them and level up a trait as a role playing (rpg) game system. Kind of like the vacillator and push an operator to be +30 operating or something along the line. 

what do you guys think?

That will narrow the playing style of the game forcing players to seek "perfection" with their dupe rolls, this is not an RPG.  The flexibility to achieve goals even when recourses are low or dupe stats are bad is the best part of the game

I like it.

Legendary dupes - Anything which makes the game more Diablo style is great. People love colors and drops.

A friend of mine used to say to anything you asked him "Max level, everything to the max. Big drop". I asked him if he will marry her, he answered the same.

Set pieces would be great, hats are already in the game - Imagine Stinky with enhanced intelligence !

image.thumb.png.554fba79c8102ff83047359a894cdc6d.pngimage.png

27 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

That will narrow the playing style of the game forcing players to seek "perfection" with their dupe rolls, this is not an RPG.  The flexibility to achieve goals even when recourses are low or dupe stats are bad is the best part of the game

The re-roll could be performed in the way that every re-roll click of the player permanently reduces minus-1 on a "dupe card" profession, the amounted reroll point reduction will be applied to the dupe card on dupe selection. Would this performed re-roll action handicap system make the game too complicated or fiddly for the average player ? Perhaps.

5 minutes ago, babba said:

Would this performed re-roll action handicap system make the game too complicated or fiddly for the average player ? Perhaps.

too complicated? no

too easy?  yes

Ether way I'm sharing what I think and I respect other players may have a difference of opinion, it will be up to the Devs if they wish to make any changes

7 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

...too easy?  yes

Mhhh, why to easy ? Would that not imply that the current system without a reroll-handicap system idea is even easier :confused:

I find that any design idea for the dupe selection screen could be helpful and a new addition to the game. :p

Instead of currently only clicking through the dupe cards to get the best stats, every dupe card click could apply a permanent downside which could be applied at the final dupe card selection...As an idea or input for others to perhaps toy around with.

2 minutes ago, babba said:

I find that any design idea for the dupe selection screen could be helpful and a new addition to the game. :p

honestly I preferred the old one before the job update where the stats were completely random and players had no control over what stats they got

but again that's just my opinion

19 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

You can even leave everything as it is right now just add a color coding to it in my opinion would be a nice touch. Honestly the game itself is fine as it is. Just a different scheme is all. Also the skill point exchange would be nice as well or at least have something to use up the useless skill points. 

7 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

honestly I preferred the old one before the job update where the stats were completely random and players had no control over what stats they got

but again that's just my opinion

Interesting. Any opinion is of value and deserves to be heard. I find the selection screen could deserve some love at some point, as brought up by @misotoma

Personally, I currently click through the cards looking for the best +value of my preferred profession and ingnore Binger-Eaters, thats how I play the dupe card system currently.

1 minute ago, babba said:

Personally, I currently click through the cards looking for the best +value of my preferred profession and ingnore Binger-Eaters, thats how I play the card system currently.

fair enough, I do something similar 

I avoid "flatulent" and "narcoleptic" dupes

I can handle most negative attributes, but I'll never forgive lazy little farts!

21 minutes ago, misotoma said:

You can even leave everything as it is right now just add a color coding to it in my opinion would be a nice touch. Honestly the game itself is fine as it is. Just a different scheme is all. Also the skill point exchange would be nice as well or at least have something to use up the useless skill points. 

If dupes are good or bad depends on opinion. Some people swear to never take narcoleptic dupes, some curse at allergies... And which dupe is good or bad usually depends also on what I am looking for.

3 minutes ago, Whitecold said:

some curse at allergies

I once challenged myself by picking a farmer with allergies

unfortunately I couldn't control when he took the allergy meds so I couldn't keep up production.  Spent many hours yelling at Meep, "Take the meds before you harvest the bristles!  Don't waste them while they are still growing!"

Archived