Petition to let Wortox see other players' health.

If you don't mind, can you let Wortox see other players' health in the next QoL changes? Wortox is basically a main healer class of DST right now. A healer class who can't see other allies' health. We still can communicate with our teammates about their health with chat, but it would be fantastic to have an efficient way to view other's health, as a special exclusive character item or passive ability.

We can see whether other players are hungry or insane because there is a special character motion about hunger and sanity. But there's still no implication about whether the player is wounded or not. At least there's any character motion that allows other players to guess  health approximately, It would be much better than now. It will be really convenient, and a true QoL change for Every Wortox players if other players' health is visible or at least reckonable.

7 minutes ago, Well-met said:

If this gets in then people would just ask to allow this for all characters

and then people would ask this for mobs

And is that a bad thing? When I played Borderlands the mobs and my teammates had health bars to tell how close they are to dying, in Borderlands 2 they expanded upon that by having the creatures you injure  visually limp and cry out in pain for backup.

DST has a very poor visual system of telling how close something is to dying.. I always gave up on killing dragonfly because 500 hits later she still looked as healthy as the first time I had hit her.

True Story.. and when I finally DID beat her I expected the battle to go on longer because she didn’t even look hurt.. I was literally like wait.. what? 

There are Mods on PC already for health bars and the like but for console players to ever get that it has to become a QoL feature.

It should of course be optional: There for those who’s gameplay it will enhance & completely avoidable for those who’s gameplay it’ll ruin.

But since DST doesn’t have a ton of visual facial/ body movement expressions to tell how close something is to dying.. The Health Bars are the next best thing.

Abigail visually looks hurt when she’s dying, but now I have exact stats to know exactly how close she is to dying.

Visual cues also tie into Beefalo- They can be shaved and will look absolutely pitiful.. they can be feed and look fatty, etc- 

Now rather or not taking the time to add any of this stuff to the game is worthwhile to Klei is Anyone’s guess- but I bet that at least Wortox mains would love to be able to see how close other players are to dying over.

26 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

And is that a bad thing? When I played Borderlands the mobs and my teammates had health bars to tell how close they are to dying, in Borderlands 2 they expanded upon that by having the creatures you injure  visually limp and cry out in pain for backup.

DST has a very poor visual system of telling how close something is to dying.. I always gave up on killing dragonfly because 500 hits later she still looked as healthy as the first time I had hit her.

True Story.. and when I finally DID beat her I expected the battle to go on longer because she didn’t even look hurt.. I was literally like wait.. what? 

There are Mods on PC already for health bars and the like but for console players to ever get that it has to become a QoL feature.

It should of course be optional: There for those who’s gameplay it will enhance & completely avoidable for those who’s gameplay it’ll ruin.

But since DST doesn’t have a ton of visual facial/ body movement expressions to tell how close something is to dying.. The Health Bars are the next best thing.

Abigail visually looks hurt when she’s dying, but now I have exact stats to know exactly how close she is to dying.

Visual cues also tie into Beefalo- They can be shaved and will look absolutely pitiful.. they can be feed and look fatty, etc- 

Now rather or not taking the time to add any of this stuff to the game is worthwhile to Klei is Anyone’s guess- but I bet that at least Wortox mains would love to be able to see how close other players are to dying over.

this is not borderlands, as always, is a cryptic game

you can easily know how wounded are your team mates and mobs

All it takes is to put a little floating soul bar above a players characters head, nothing too big.. maybe roughly the size of a potato cup, That ONLY Wortox can see and as a player takes damage that soul starts to drain in color.

If any of you have played ark survival evolved and have tamed a Giga your Giga has a little heart bar that when it takes damage will fill up and it will enrage-

Wortox can examine things and determine rather or not it has a soul, so apparently he can see souls even BEFORE something carrying one dies, so a system similar to Arks Giga would not only work on a mechanical level.. but also a lore one as well.

The only one who would be hard to implement this for is Webber, who drops Two souls instead of one.

And since were talking about Wortox and souls I think they should nerf Wormwood.. Wormwood Has no actual soul... so he shouldn’t be healable by Wortox, and Wormwood shouldn’t drop a soul for Wortox when he dies.

Archived