Ultrawide support?

You don't see the problem here? UI is on the edge of the screen! It's really off view!

Please don't lie about runs and play just fine. If you can take that horrible user experience where devs assume every monitor is 16:9 then don't bother commenting please. I know you can take it but this isn't how UI should be designed. If 16:9 is golden standart then make UI 16:9 and don't put everything in corners.

I play at 5120x1440 on 49". Ubisoft are KINGS in UI and UX they make interface that is located within 16:9 aspect ratio and rest of screen space is a bonus view. You can have superultrawide and still enjoy really good game without looking to sides.

3 hours ago, cpy said:

You don't see the problem here? UI is on the edge of the screen! It's really off view!

So you basically mean you bought a monitor that is too broad as in you cannot really use all that horizontal screen-space? Hmm. I wonder where the root-cause for the problem here is....

1 hour ago, Urist McPilot said:

That's easy to solve, turn off full screen mode, and resize the window not to cover the side of your screen.

That advice goes straight to trash! Typical, don't use what you want to use scenario.

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

So you basically mean you bought a monitor that is too broad as in you cannot really use all that horizontal screen-space? Hmm. I wonder where the root-cause for the problem here is....

Your car can have dashboard all the way around but it does only have it on driver side or close to it and rest of space is used for something else. I wonder where the root-cause for the problem there is... It's like they want you to have wide view and have important imformation in smaller area...

Why use rear view mirrors when you can turn your head? People like you would live in cardboard boxes if others settled with stupid solutions to problems.

19 minutes ago, TripleM999 said:

You could change UI Scale to make the UI more prominent. Organizing the UI around center without blocking view could be quite challenging, i think.

Blocking the view? So if you play on your regular 16:9 monitor do you consider it blocking the view? Because I like it quite a lot on my notebook when I play it on it at 16:9. Suddenly you think it would block the view if you had extra view on sides?

Scaling UI only increases the size of it but it still is on far side. If I could drag UI around or use some mod to make it happen myself.

Archived