Found something new

Noticed the skill menu has separated the exosuit skill from supplying. What do people think about it?

Also I noticed the maps are "stitched" side to side as you see on the jpeg I had decon'd something on the edge of a map and find it floating on the edge of another map lol.. I guess this will ultimately be the size of maps?

Why are there so few water geysers? Why are exosuits extremely gated? First need to overcome morale from the skill being placed too far it's a burden and the fact that there isn't enough water from geysers.. would it be viable to have more than 20 dupes with exosits supplied with oxygen? Requires more water than being supplied now from just 2 geysers.

20201204185931_1.jpg

20201205002826_1.jpg

Skill changes were in the patch notes. Rocket piloting got changed to not require suit skills too. Suits looks to still be a work on progress and still needs some prerequisites. If oxygen masks can be made reusable I'd be happy with them as a stopgap.

Map is also known 

16 hours ago, misotoma said:

Why are there so few water geysers?

Geysers aren't fully implemented yet because they are still working on the design and balancing. There are also no gas geysers yet

Why are exosuits extremely gated?

Because they were OP and made a lot of things too trivial too soon

But they are gated by reed fiber availability. At least when starting in a swamp asteroid. The skill requirements aren't too different from before. There is another "work in progress" exosuit skill. You need Rocket Piloting and Improved Carrying 1 for it. Before you needed Improved Carrying 1 and 2. So it just means that every exosuit dupe has at least basic rocket piloting skills. And maybe that the first exosuit skill won't completely remove any penalties.

If that means that it's no longer a no brainer to keep dupes in suits all the time then that's a very good thing

20 hours ago, Carcer_ said:

Skill changes were in the patch notes. Rocket piloting got changed to not require suit skills too. Suits looks to still be a work on progress and still needs some prerequisites. If oxygen masks can be made reusable I'd be happy with them as a stopgap.

Map is also known 

man that preview on the maps is kind of immersion ruining... literal reason why i didnt click on that post in the first place.

oh well. not like i didnt know it was something like this but still... x)

6 hours ago, serpent said:

man that preview on the maps is kind of immersion ruining... literal reason why i didnt click on that post in the first place.

Oh no! I didn't know it would show up in previews. It's in a spoiler in the post itself.

If it makes you feel any better, don't think of it as the asteroids actually being on the same map. It's basically just a convenient way to lay out the multiple maps in memory. Once they get all the bugs sorted out, there won't be anyway to tell the difference.

Archived