Please don't nerf winter...

18 minutes ago, xFleury said:

Can Wicker's book make giant crops? We had a Wicker at some point in autumn, and got her to try and rush a 3 toma root + 3 potatoe self-balancing farm plot, and it didn't grow giant -- despite that our Wormwood had been taking good care of it.

Was there not enough water in the soil to insta rush past 2 stages of growth? Or is her book just incapable of making giant crops? We assumed the latter, and that's why the book is still on the ground lol.. she left immediately after.

Horticulture, Abridged has a special tag that prevents it from growing giant crops no matter what.

I have to agree. The new crop system gives you an over abundance of food to the point you might as well call the game something else... because you certainly aren’t starving together or even really trying.

By spring I quit farming because I had tons of giant tomatoes and giant potatoes picked and just sitting on the ground waiting to be broken down. Winter used to be fun and challenging... now it is boring. The crops should be much harder to maintain during winter or simply stop growing all together. The changing of seasons used to add new challenges for food/shelter and now it seems mundane.

10 hours ago, Forest4877 said:

I have to agree. The new crop system gives you an over abundance of food to the point you might as well call the game something else... because you certainly aren’t starving together or even really trying.

By spring I quit farming because I had tons of giant tomatoes and giant potatoes picked and just sitting on the ground waiting to be broken down. Winter used to be fun and challenging... now it is boring. The crops should be much harder to maintain during winter or simply stop growing all together. The changing of seasons used to add new challenges for food/shelter and now it seems mundane.

People who dont know how to survive winter will not know how to make giant crops

But is true than, when you know how to play, the difficulty drops but anyways it drops a lot in every aspect of the game so having fun farms is more important than having boring farms that make you starve

Winter is only a challenge for newer players, once you know how to survive and what to do it becomes just another season- yes crops did not grow in Winter but that’s not realistic to actual crops either: because some crops DO grow in Winter and in fact ONLY grow in Winter-

Players who knew how to survive Winter already aren’t bothered by RWYS crops growing in Winter because maybe crops didn’t grow prior to RWYS, but you could still have moved the entire server worth of juicy berry bushes to your base and only pluck them when you needed them (they don’t just wither away and die in Winter)

The NEW crops I wish were a bit more realistic- Aka needing a particular type of turf/climate area to be planted on/in to yield best results, but it would probably be to complicated.

However.. growing crops right in your base is double edged sword- because players were able to exploit Bearger spawn by simply not having any food items anywhere near base when hungry Bearger spawns, now though... you have food growing and Bearger gonna want. :wilson_evil:

On 12/1/2020 at 11:54 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Because now you can grow things like potatoes which heals you 20 heal and restores stomach but i dont that a player who can grow  potatoes will starve anyways and is a good help for warly and wurt

That's not really nerfing.

Also, isnt this forum suppose to be for raising bugs?

Archived