More vegetable-specific Crock Pot dishes

Right now it feels like, in my opinion, the majority of useful crock pot foods are meat/fish-based, with the more useful vegetable/fruit based recipes being based around the same crops such as potatoes or onions (and most of the time dishes only call for a vegetable amount requirement, not individual types of crops). Furthermore some of those vegetable dishes are outmatched by other vegetable dishes as well (IE: it is more efficient to make 2x Fancy Spiraled Tubers than to make a Puffed Potato Souffle based on ingredients alone, and this renders some crops unused as a result such as Garlic and Asparagus). With the inclusion of the Reap What You Sow update it's even easier to amass vegetables you may not use, specifically just to create a self- producing farm for a specific crop you may want, so I would like to propose adding more crop-specific recipes to the game that take advantage of the different vegetable combinations.

Most crops are best eaten raw or cooked, as they already have good statistics except for plants that restore sanity. I don't think there is a need to add more crock pot recipes because farm production (now) is much higher than what would be produced in them. While there are still useless plants, maybe klei will buff them in the future or make them necessary for certain crafting recipes!

I was also thinking of burning the remaining seeds and crops! With the ashes i could finally put all those spider glands to use by turning them into healing salves.

Or also leaving some plants to rot is a good option.

There's some pretty lame gag vegetable dishes that could do with a new dish/rework. Pumpkin cookies and stuffed eggplant are both weak dishes in comparison to other options, and considering the ammount of dishes that new vegetables got I'd love to see some love given to the classic crops. 

Well, I had a quite recent thread about rebalancing a lot of the dishes (it was made before the farm-revamp, but it holds up for the most part - will edit the things in need of changing after the new stuff has become live)

Among the various suggestions, a bunch of the most useless dishes which were highly in need of buffing were - unsurprisingly - mostly vegetarian ones (Asparagous Soup, Pumpkin Cookies, Fruit Medley, Stuffed Eggplant etc)

A bit of an indirect problem with veggies that exacerbates this problem is that their standalone values are far too good (Mosly Pumpkins, Potatoes and Toma Roots). If the standalone values are too high, it also makes recipes involving those ingredients less relatively potent, even with some reasonable buffs to the recipes. So I'd suggest to tone down the most potent veggies' standalone values, but also tone up their crock pot recipes values.

(Thread is here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/123256-food-balancing-attempt-along-with-some-misc-food-ideas/ )

It also includes some recipe suggestions for some ingredients that are never needed specifically, like:

• Durian
  • Pomegranate
  • Glow Berries (for non-Warly players)
  • Carrots

32 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Healing 20 hp, imo, is enough to farm them 

Look at potato or tomato which are easier nutrients wise , higher percentage chance to get from random seeds, in season for 3 and each have their unique dishes.

Cooked potato : 20 25 0

Cooked tomaroot : 20 12.5 0 (has Moqueca and vegetable stinger)

Pomegranate: 20 12.5 0

Other crops also have powerful dishes or are used as seasoning / temperature effects.

20 hp absoulte terms is not bad but compared to other crops its not that good

It directly competes with onion season and nutrients-wise (veggie burger, salsa, powerful warly dishes) . Compared to 15 days spoilage time of onions it has only 6. Given there are few fruit dishes but we still have berries which are easy to grow and produce a lot and I think a veggie is more valuable because of that. What will be the reason to grow a pomegranate once you stop using random seeds ? 

I just mean that arent worthless

I plant then without taking care to get a bundle with healing

8 minutes ago, ansuman said:

Look at potato or tomato which are easier nutrients wise , higher percentage chance to get from random seeds, in season for 3 and each have their unique dishes.

Other crops also have powerful dishes or are used as seasoning / temperature effects.

It directly competes with onion season and nutrients-wise (veggie burger, salsa, powerful warly dishes) . Compared to 15 days spoilage time of onions it has only 6. Given there are few fruit dishes but we still have berries which are easy to grow and produce a lot and I think a veggie is more valuable because of that. What will be the reason to grow a pomegranate once you stop using random seeds ? 

3 hours ago, ansuman said:

The problem is with potato and toma root being too good as basic cooked items (moreso potato), rather than pomegranate being too weak

EDIT: And with pomegranate (among other crops) having no Crock Pot recipes directly requiring them either.

Yes, I agree with you. I would make the next update of the cauldron. Many products are inherently useless.
I would complicate the preparation of old dishes a bit and update the useless ones. Although, to be honest, I would like to do the same alteration of meatballs, we must not forget about ice too.

Archived