Thoughts on Reap What You Sow?

Hello there, I wanna know what everyone's thoughts are on the new update "Reap What You Sow" so far, I've been seeing a lot of mixed thoughts on the topic and wanted to know what people think on here, do you think the recent reworks and the first ever nerf will change the game for the better or worse?

My Opinion is that this update is an amazing addition to the game, giving players a higher reward for tending to they're crops instead of just leaving them for 3 days and then duplicating them into more when finished. sure it seems like it'll be more complicated to make vegetables, but once looked into there isn't any real way that prevents you from farming the same with farm plots, you can still leave your crops alone and still get the same results. The only problem with not being around your crops is the fruit flies appearing. The nerf to Wickerbottom in this update in my opinion is more than fair, if she wasn't nerfed the farm rework would have been basically worthless, it makes players put effort into they're farms. Overall I think this update is one of the best updates we've gotten, why'd they have to nerf eggs tho.

I think bringing back the old farms (and having the bird drop 1 seed and 50% for another, like it used to be) while still having the new farms would just be a good compromise. I mean, pond fishing didn't go anywhere when ocean fishing was introduced, so why should old farms be completely gone? 

I think it's great.

It's just a little complex and look like needs a lot of work. I know someone will say you don't need to do all effort to get harvest but I don't want to giving of from nice stuffs too.

Wormwood and Wickerbottom just got killed but developers says they are gonna fix it, so I'm ok with it. I'm sure they would give us some nice stuff.

Nutrition system is too much I think. It's a useless detail.

But all of these are my opinions of course. And I was thinking same for fishing system but fishing was not a necessary so I wasn't care. But farming is important. The only reason to keeping a wormwood in.

I love everything about the new way of farming. the new system rewards you if you put in extra effort but does not punish you in terms of yield if you neglect your crops like before as you mentioned. The egg thing i see as something positive too, it seemed like a loose end thats finally been tied off. 

Im neutral on the topic of removing Basic & Improved Farms. I enjoy the new way of farming so much more. The only reason i would miss improved farms would be for aesthetic reasons it was nice to decorate with.

I was thinking Bunnymen could maybe have a small chance to drop an Improved Farm blueprint since there are setpieces in the caves with improved farms next to a Bunny Hutch. 

---

on the topic of Wickerbottom, ill be patient and see what Klei decides to do since they mentioned in the most recent update that they're looking into it. i think restricting the book to 10 crops/food bushes but unlimited amount of grass/saplings/trees/reeds would be nice. Or whatever else klei deems fitting as a stop-gap until they have the time to rework her. Wicker needs a compelling and defining downside imo to balance out her powers (like Wormwood). (among other things i think she should be frail like Max and possibly have other combat downsides) 

Personally my biggest concern from this update was Wormwood. But Klei is working on him too so im relieved and hopeful! Faster tending to plants is a really nice step in the right direction 

Archived