New Content is Awesome. My One Issue.

I love the new farming so much. It feels waaay more like farming. It's fun and rewarding and intuitive. I spent a lot of time learning how nutrients work, and how each plant has different soil needs and season conditions to become "Giant". I love how you are more rewarded for spending a lot of time gardening. I'm still learning and testing some things until I decide if it's too weak/strong.

However, my only concern thus far is that while the new farming is more fun and has a lot of reward for hard work and attention, I'm thinking that this may heavily nerf vegetables for those who do not want to spend a lot of time farming. For example, pre-beta you can just grab a seed, throw it into the farm plot, plop 2 manure on it, and voila ~ you have the vegetable/fruit that you want instantly. This was easy and efficient for when you wanted to prepare for a boss very soon as Warly, and you just needed that pepper/garlic powder real fast to get the buff. When the beta goes through, as far as I know, there would be no quick way to turn a seed into a vegetable anymore. I'm hoping that for Warly players, they can still have a way like before to turn a desired seed into a vegetable when they need to - not have to farm it passively for like 6 days to grow one measly pepper...

Maybe Klei has a better idea. But I would propose that manure still have the ability to skip stages of growth for crops. This was very important for getting a single vegetable when you needed it. It could be balanced so that perhaps vegetables grown this way never become giant. It could be balanced by increasing the manure amount to 4 rather than the current 2 manure - just some ideas. Either way, I would miss having that ability to quickly get a desired veggie. Wicker is able to have 10 plants skip growth with 1 read of her book, so I think it would be fair for there to still be an item (any fertilizer probably) to skip growth for 1 plant.

I personally don't think either of the original farms need to be removed. All in all farming in the new way is, at least in my opinion, more efficient; however I do think the originals still have uses as insta-growers and as a staple addition to any base design. That, and I hate to see them completely removed from the game.

12 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

I personally don't think either of the original farms need to be removed. All in all farming in the new way is, at least in my opinion, more efficient; however I do think the originals still have uses as insta-growers and as a staple addition to any base design. That, and I hate to see them completely removed from the game.

agree

bring back disease aswell lol. All people wanted was a long-term antidote.

16 minutes ago, Well-met said:

bring back disease aswell lol

Hrm idk about disease. I'm personally glad it's gone. It messes up my farm designs all the time lol

I'd hope that if we still get instant farming for individual crops, that they are capable of also yielding one seed - because birds no longer have a chance to drop 2 seeds of a vegetable. If instant farming just gave 1 vegetable 0 seed, then it would not be sustainable with the beta bird changes.

I was really surprised to see old farms removed. I thought they would of kept the old farming system while having the new farming mechanics, similar to how they kept the old fishing rods and fishing mechanics but adding new rods and mechanics in Hook, line and inker.

Archived