QoL DST needs IMO.

I've noted that with the new content updates, new recipes have been costing a TON of logs, twigs, grass etc. Take a look at what it costs to make a decent boat, and to make all the new farming materials... For the old farm (pre-beta), you really just needed one farm plot, and a ton of poop-  which you could just get by bringing 100 lightbulbs to a werepig. it was SUPER simple and easy. Now you need a ridiculous amount of materials, tools, time, dedication, patience, research.... water sprinkling.

These individual updates and changes warrant their own balancing, but one thing I've thought would help this game for a long time is just basic QoL foraging. If we could gather logs and twigs and grass faster, then these super expensive new recipes would not be as much of a problem. For instance, if that 'picky picky' mod were just a base game QoL addition, it would speed up the tedious process of collecting. If the mod (forget the name) that auto stacks wood on the floor was just a base game QoL, it would save a lot of time picking up 100s of individual logs on the floor. Who really wants to pick up all this individually at one time - when it takes like 20 boards for one good boat? Once you play with the mods, you never want to go back. It's just tedious, and with the insanely high costs of new recipes, I honestly feel that these QoLs are necessary for the life of the game, just keeping up with the new content. Hope it's considered.

Also, It would be great if in survival servers you just started with 4 twigs/grass, and 2 flint. It's very common for servers to have no grass or twigs near the portal, and flint is always hard to find after a few days. It's not fun for new people when they don't have a chance to even have a start.

52 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

Also, It would be great if in survival servers you just started with 4 twigs/grass, and 2 flint.

Great Idea

52 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

If we could gather logs and twigs and grass faster, then these super expensive new recipes would not be as much of a problem.

It would be nice of course but I would take a different approach and I would try to:
A) change crafting recipes
B) Make the grass easier to gather in different stages in game - like hard at start but easy in endgame. Somekind (like tumbleweed spawn rate or something)

Archived