[Poll] How do you feel about skin system in DST?

Share your thoughts about skin system.  

133 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about skins in DST in general?

• Love the idea, one of the reasons I choose DST over DS.
    • They're a good addition to the game.
    • They don't really matter for me.
    • Couldn't care less, but they sometimes manage to annoy me.
    • I wish they were never introduced.
  2. 2. What do you think about skin drop frequency?

• It's too low, I like receiving gifts, even small ones.
    • It's ok how it is, wouldn't change much.
    • It sometimes bothers me to open them so often, just pack them in a bundle that I can open once a week. There are treasure chests for that, so why don't use them instead.
  3. 3. What do you think about the limited amount of skins you can get in a week?

• They shouldn't have a limit at all, let me grind them to infinity.
    • The limit is well set.
    • It used to be much lower and I preferred it that way. People nowadays are spoiled with too much gifts.
  4. 4. What do you think about random chance of getting higher tier skins?

• It's a joke! I didn't get an elegant in ages! There needs to be a mechanic guarantying an elegant drop after not getting any for a longer time.
    • It could be a little higher...
    • Rare is called rare for a reason, I wouldn't change the drop rates.
    • It used to be rarer and I liked it that way. I see people getting elegants all over the place.
  5. 5. How do you feel about receiving "pocket spools" weekly instead of random skins?

• Oh, I like the idea! I'm actually quite tired of receiving another red T-Shirt...
    • Ugh? But what about unweavable skins? I don't understand how it would work.
    • A big no. Don't even start with me.

2 hours ago, Sapientis said:

I also think there should be an option to purchase spools directly.

so youre saying that isntead of buying a skin, you d prefer to buy spools to buy a skin? (which would turn it into some sort of ingame currency and we already have plenty of that)

1 hour ago, Wardin25 said:

so youre saying that isntead of buying a skin, you d prefer to buy spools to buy a skin? (which would turn it into some sort of ingame currency and we already have plenty of that)

It basically is an in-game currency, but you cannot purchase it directly. If you need more Spools the best way to get them is to buy many items with the best money - spools ratio and unravel them. And there are many inconveniences with it:

• Klei almost doesn't benefit from it (because you trade an item with player, who they probably dropped it for free, for your money, Steam takes its charge and an inconsiderable percent goes to Klei)
  • It takes time
  • It's unnecessarily tiring and manually inconvenient

On other platforms Klei had to introduce another special in-game currency to make buying skins possible and it could be made with Spools just as well.

With Spools being purchasable everyone would be happy. Klei would earn their well deserved money, people would directly buy Spools for what they want instead of some semi-legal Steam market underground. I just don't like that, I'd rather give my money to Klei than some random kid who happens to sell the item I am going to unravel anyway...

Archived