Adobe Animate Workflow (Technical)?

Hey there,

I love oni and I realized that it is made in Unity while the animations are done in animate. So I was wondering how klei gets the animate files into Unity. I cant find any tool for it and I am about to write my own, but I dont know where to start.

Regards,

2 minutes ago, Cairath said:

If you don't know -- then you probably should leave the answer to someone who knows. All resources are in the modding section of the ONI discord.

there is always possible todo modding different way. that what you use is just one way how todo

I second Cairath, come to the modding Discord.

But to give you a short tl;dr: no you cannot put Animate files into the game, we are using Spriter (a free program), and then converting it into .kanim format with a tool made by other modders.

The reason being that Adobe files are propietary and converting them isn't really realistically doable. And even if it was easy, noone cares to make a conversion tool for an app most modder artist wouldn't want to pay for.

5 hours ago, Cairath said:

If you don't know -- then you probably should leave the answer to someone who knows. All resources are in the modding section of the ONI discord.

public class Patches : MonoBehaviour
    {
        GameObject test;
        private Vector3 mousePosition;
        public float moveSpeed = 0.1f;

public static class Mod_OnLoad
        {
            public static void OnLoad()
            {
                Debug.Log("Hello world!");                
            }
        }

[HarmonyPatch(typeof(Game), "OnSpawn")]
        public class Game_Patch
        {
            static void Postfix()
            {
                new GameObject(typeof(Patches).FullName, typeof(Patches));
            }
        }

[HarmonyPatch(typeof(MainMenu), "OnSpawn")]
        public class MainMenu_Patch
        {
            static void Postfix()
            {               

}
        }

private void Update()
        {
          //  if (Input.GetMouseButton(1))
            {
                mousePosition = Input.mousePosition;
                mousePosition = Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint(mousePosition);
                test.transform.position = Vector2.Lerp(test.transform.position, mousePosition, moveSpeed);
            }

}

private void Start()
        {
           // Debug.Log("Start!");

test = GameObject.CreatePrimitive(PrimitiveType.Cube);
            test.transform.position = new Vector3(0, 0, 0);

}

private void OnGUI()
        {
            if (GUILayout.Button("Press Me"))
                Debug.Log("Hello!");
        }
    }

i not tell how to add animation but you may try this out for fun and maybe it open some eyes

Congratulations, you added a cube.  Sick animation man.  Can you animate my next mod?

You should probably remove the unrelated debug code from your "example".  It being there makes it incredibly obvious that you can't even quickly identify what is relevant (though calling spawning a cube relevant to animation is a hard stretch already...), and that you don't know what you're doing.

10 minutes ago, AzeTheGreat said:

Congratulations, you added a cube.  Sick animation man.  Can you animate my next mod?

You should probably remove the unrelated debug code from your "example".  It being there makes it incredibly obvious that you can't even quickly identify what is relevant (though calling spawning a cube relevant to animation is a hard stretch already...), and that you don't know what you're doing.

yeah i added cube but what it does you not actually tell

46 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

i not tell how to add animation but you may try this out for fun and maybe it open some eyes

Well the original question was about animation, and specifically the type Klei creates with Animate. I'm all for finding new ways to do things and experimentation, but please look at what the community discovered so far before you take a shot in the dark and present it as an example to someone asking for help.

There are really easy ways to create animations that dont even require any coding and are way simpler to get into for a new modder.

16 minutes ago, Akiart said:

Well the original question was about animation, and specifically the type Klei creates with Animate. I'm all for finding new ways to do things and experimentation, but please look at what the community discovered so far before you take a shot in the dark and present it as an example to someone asking for help.

There are really easy ways to create animations that dont even require any coding and are way simpler to get into for a new modder.

Cairath already answered for him the question how to add, i  just continue the conversation. had to say this forum is very weird

14 hours ago, AlbertoHunter said:

Hey there,

I love oni and I realized that it is made in Unity while the animations are done in animate. So I was wondering how klei gets the animate files into Unity. I cant find any tool for it and I am about to write my own, but I dont know where to start.appvalley tutuapp tweakbox

Regards,

issue got slved!!

Archived