Beefalo into caves

3 minutes ago, Well-met said:

I'd rather they do a full taming revision than just add this tiny change on its own.

i feel like as evidenced by their consistent silence in regards to any suggestions regarding beefalo taming, they feel as if the current taming system is fine. I'd only want tweaks to it, and if i can get my hands on it, i'd think allowing beef into caves and thereby allowing them into like the other third of the entire game, i'd be pretty happy

I dont see why both could not be done since i dont think we should be expecting major base game changes while RoT is still being worked on.

Making it so u can enter caves while riding a beef would be a nice and welcomed bandaid/qol until they have the time to rework domestication or whatever. 

The possibility also exists that they just dont want beefs to enter caves at all hence why they didnt include it from the beginning which is kinda sad. 

Also i majorly disagree on beefs entering caves being a “tiny” change, it would be huge lol 

8 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Uhmm, maybe they can do the thing, what they did in Chester. They can add a mountable cave creature. This will effect cave basimg positively also it's can be really funny.

i would cry and scream and roll around on the floor in anguish

but it would be pretty cool to see more stuff to ride around nonetheless

if you could let beefalo into caves it would be possible to completely automate ruins clearing by making a herd down there

Note: I know anenemies and other things work but this would be even more reliable because anenemies take forever to reset and also you would have to memorize where the clockworks spawn

No.. leave Beefalo on the surface, I want rideable depth worms.. giant rideable depth worms.. That can burrow under ground with you riding it. (Okay maybe I play too much PVZ and Ark Survival Evolved.)

Point is- Beefalo wouldn’t like caves too much- and they’re literally too big to fit in that tiny hole.

So my answer is no.. But a unique cave mount? I’m all ears for idea’s as long as caves get some significantly harder content that warrants having mounts.

Archived