I vaguely recall klei making DST 64 bit specifically for Mac systems because Mac was going to stop supporting 32 bit. If this is actually what happened and im not crazy, what stopped klei from doing the same for windows systems? Is it bc they didnt deem it as something worthy of the (assumedly substantial) time and effort it would take to do? Or something else?

1 hour ago, Lbphero said:

I vaguely recall klei making DST 64 bit specifically for Mac systems because Mac was going to stop supporting 32 bit. If this is actually what happened and im not crazy, what stopped klei from doing the same for windows systems? Is it bc they didnt deem it as something worthy of the (assumedly substantial) time and effort it would take to do? Or something else?

if I recall the main reason is they dont want to make it so lower end computers cant handle a 64 bit dst.

Though I know Starbound allows you to run it in either 32 bit or 64 bit, your choice, so maybe the same can be done for DST?

42 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Though I know Starbound allows you to run it in either 32 bit or 64 bit, your choice, so maybe the same can be done for DST?

and EtG(enter the gundeon)allows for both 64 bit and 32 bit and if i had to guess there must be a lot of games that allow for both 64 bit and 32 bit so klei could probably do the same and i hope they do 

(off topic but if someone hasnt played EtG go check it out its amazing)

22 minutes ago, stranger again said:

and EtG(enter the gundeon)allows for both 64 bit and 32 bit and if i had to guess there must be a lot of games that allow for both 64 bit and 32 bit so klei could probably do the same and i hope they do 

(off topic but if someone hasnt played EtG go check it out its amazing)

yes. DO check out EtG

Archived