[Poll] On Food Sources Redux

WES STOP EATING ALL OUR FOOD WES PLS  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most useful individual food sources? (part 1)

2. 2. What are the most useful individual food sources? (part 2)

3. 3. 2. What are the most effective combined food sources?

• Wickerbottom-boosted plants farms
    • Spider Dens in a Bunny Village
    • Spider Dens in a Pig Village
    • Spider Dens in a Wurt Merm Village
    • Tentacle Traps (whether natural or by On Tentacles) w Spider Dens/Merm Huts nearby
    • Meat Farms + Drying Racks
    • Lureplant Farm + BotW
    • Lureplant Farm + Bee Farm
    • Other (do mention in the comments!)

9 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

Birchnut trees are underrated. They aren't the best source of food but Trail Mix is an insanely easy heal food early game if you don't have eggs for piergoies. 30 hp from just simply 2 cooked birchnuts and 2 berries, both which are extremely easy to get in any season except winter. 

you could also simplify the recipe to 1 twig, 2 berries and a birchnut! :D

Kelp wasn't on the individual food source list.  I really like kelp because it is easy to get a decent amount from an early lunar island rush, it requires no fertilizer, doesn't wilt, and counts as veg for perogi in addition to filler for meatballs or anything else.

You had spider den [inside mob cage] a few times but I didn't see spider den inside rock lobsters.  I like this the most because they can tank through spider queens without any problems and they don't eat the meat, or combat me for looting it.  I don't think these spider den [inside mob cage] are as important to food as they are to farming spider silk and glands, but they certainly are capable of producing a good amount of monster meats.

Above surface I usually have a few pigs and the kelps planted.  I get monster meat from hound waves or spiders which I convert to normal meats with the pigs or eggs with birds.  This set up does about everything I need it to do.

Where is Pigmen/Bunnymen/Merms + Bee Queen Hive ?

Bee Queen will kill everything, you just have to wait slightly out of her range for her to aggro the other mobs.

Honey + Meat/Carrots/Fish + Frog legs

Even as Warly you don't need anything else :whistle:

Bunnymen overpowered by spiders, cactus, butterflies, and icebergs.

My spider may be showing on the bunny part. Butterflies are the BEST on-the-go food. Heal health, no cooking required, and good for Wortox as well because they're little flying souls ripe for the punching.

It's not automatic, and doesn't yield any big meats, but I really love moleworm farms. They're easy to set up, easy to double in size if your needs grow, and there's no risk of getting attacked (I'm bad and don't like the stress). A moleworm farm, a birdcage, and spiders is endless bacon and eggs. Plus, I just like bopping them.

27 minutes ago, dreams2020 said:

It's not automatic, and doesn't yield any big meats, but I really love moleworm farms.

Didn't try myself, but I suppose you could use a beefalo in heat, a catcoon, a charged volt goat, aenemys/toothtrap, killer bees from bee boxes in spring (with a certain configuration with flowers and flowers).

I want to try a moleworm farm now and finally toy with catcoon. :excitement:

Archived