[Query] On Damage

So recently I've been wondering, is there a nifty spreadsheet or a calculator or a tool out there which lets one accurately calculate all the hits needed by every weapon to kill every mob on every possible damage multiplier (yes, even including wimpy Wolfgang and stale/spoilt hambats)? Bonus points if the tool calculates the total amount of a weapon you'll need if the mob's health exceeds the weapon's durability (or duration in the case of the Morning Star).

And if there were none, how much effort would it take to make one?

The Wikia pages for all the enemies list the HTK with various weapons. They don't have every form of Wolfgang, though, since I believe his damage multiplier can be every number between 0.5 and 2. If you doubled and halved the standard HTKs you would get approximately the right answers for maximum and minimum mightiness, but getting the actual right answers would require actually checking yourself. The Wikia does list the minimum and maximum hits for the Ham Bat depending on freshness, at least.

I'm not aware of any spreadsheet like you're describing, though.

I don't know if there is one or not.  It wouldn't be hard to throw together a reasonably comprehensive spreadsheet to calculate including all the variables.  Some would be tougher like Wolfgang and Hambat which scale based on hunger / freshness.  Everything else is pretty simple though.

Are you interested in putting something like that together?  Would this tool be useful for some project you got?  What kinda context are we working with?

6 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Are you interested in putting something like that together?  Would this tool be useful for some project you got?  What kinda context are we working with?

I'm mainly just curious, but I also feel this data could be useful for players. However, I lack the technical skill and time needed to put together such a spreadsheet

Anyhow, the various Stardew Valley calculators got me curious as to why we dont have this sort of thing for DST aside from a few exceptions like crockpot recipes

8 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I'm mainly just curious, but I also feel this data could be useful for players. However, I lack the technical skill and time needed to put together such a spreadsheet

Anyhow, the various Stardew Valley calculators got me curious as to why we dont have this sort of thing for DST aside from a few exceptions like crockpot recipes

I think we don't have it because most people aren't cutting it so close in their combat.  Once you learn a boss its not too tough to come back and clear it again.  Most people are probably using base case as detailed in the wiki, but you can calculate a specific case easily.  Its just boss hp / (weapon * multi) / weapon durability to see how many you need to bring.

On 10/2/2020 at 9:23 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

So recently I've been wondering, is there a nifty spreadsheet or a calculator or a tool out there which lets one accurately calculate all the hits needed by every weapon to kill every mob on every possible damage multiplier (yes, even including wimpy Wolfgang and stale/spoilt hambats)? Bonus points if the tool calculates the total amount of a weapon you'll need if the mob's health exceeds the weapon's durability (or duration in the case of the Morning Star).

I sort of did this, The table I made compiled the damage of any and all hold items in DST, and the ran them through the multipliers with character Damage modifier and non character modifiers (ex: Damage done to a wet enemy with a peppered volt goat jelly and a Abigail debuff). It also helps list special effects and durability's. While it does not do specifically what you asked, it does give the number for any amount that you were going to use so you can divide it to find how much you need.

On 10/2/2020 at 9:23 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

And if there were none, how much effort would it take to make one?

Way too long.

I should also note there is much possibility that there is stuff wrong like the Weremoose charge and Hambat damage, but I wanted to fix that at a later date when I care enough.

DSTDamages.xlsx

There’s no use case for “all the weapons” or “including wimpy wolfgang” so putting together all the data is a complete waste of time.

You don’t need to know how many times you need to hit a beefalo with a fishing rod to kill it.

Using a hambat (which is common) or using Wolfgang in mighty or wimpy form won’t get consistent results because the damage scales linearly with current hunger.  You could calculate the number of hits with a walking cane at 78 hunger in wimpy form but that will be only a rough approximation to actual performance.

It’s honestly rude to ask someone else to waste time and effort on a tedious project that with about 3 minutes of consideration has no practical value for 90% of the data.

The standard weapons vs all the mobs and bosses at the standard damage levels (0.75, 1x, 1.25x, 1.90x) would be just as useful and way, way less work.

Edit: To be clear, if you were looking for resources to do it yourself I would recommend you only gather the useful data but would help you structure it if you wanted to capture everything.

But your post about lacking time and technical skills makes it clear you were hoping someone would donate time.

Archived