Tile mass teleport question.

Hi!

I'd like to know if this is "a bug" or just "a feature" or I'm maybe holding the mouse wrong.

Some time ago I'd come across a particular build where gas would be condensed inside an airflow tile. Said gas would teleport upwards infinitely until it found an empty tile directly above it.

Idle, hands... Maxwell made me do it:
Test.thumb.png.a544b3abb595d1164ae9f57133d716c3.png

If it has been reported as a bug, then I'd just forgo this type of build... just sayin'...

2 hours ago, JRup said:

Hi!

I'd like to know if this is "a bug" or just "a feature" or I'm maybe holding the mouse wrong.

Some time ago I'd come across a particular build where gas would be condensed inside an airflow tile. Said gas would teleport upwards infinitely until it found an empty tile directly above it.

Idle, hands... Maxwell made me do it:

If it has been reported as a bug, then I'd just forgo this type of build... just sayin'...

I also see something similar to this happen with volcano setups when I try to make the volcano room too small.

I would like to point out that just because someone reports something as a bug or it is unintuitive, that doesn't mean you can't use it.  Though I believe this to be a bug that I will be avoiding, there are a lot of behaviors people consider to be bugs that are just how the mechanics of the game play out. 

I believe someone made a compact sour gas boiler that used this behavior.

I don't really classify it as a bug, though I can understand why one might. It seems to just be the consequence of a few different mechanics interacting.

1) anytime a gas goes below it's condensation point it becomes a drop (not a bead) even if it is directly above a solid tile

2) a drip which is inside a solid tile will search upwards for the first non-solid tile to reappear.

3) airflow tiles are considered solid by a liquid.

You can also trigger the behavior by closing an airlock when a drip is inside of it.

Archived