changing a world from survival to endless

so i spent hours rerolling my world until i got maps i were pleased with the problem is though i accidentally forgot to set the world to 'endless' mode and didn't realize it until day 19 when beequeen murdered all of the pigs i built by her hive and i died to grumbles. i don't have the heart to bin this world and so far i haven't found the correct places to change it as each time i do and run the world it reverts the changes and stays survival

does anyone know all of the files that need modified to change this?

What difference do endless servers have over survival ones again?- resurrection at portals and world not resetting upon everybody's death? I don't think they can be changed once generated but if you really want it endless, I guess you can make simulate that in survival by spawning life giving amulets at the jury rigged portal or making a resurrection room full of Meat Effigies.

Although the option to vote for the server type or host-power to change it would be very interesting. Wilderness could be much more common than it is now, which is always welcome. I don't think there is even a single Klei Official setting on Wilderness mode.

endless means you can resurrect at portal and not lose any health, it also means the world doesn't regenerate when everyone is dead. i am not always somewhere i can regen and i only get life amulets from gravedigging so it is important i can resurrect at any time and not lose my entire world

it isn't enjoyable that three times now i've had to savescum to literally keep my world from disappearing. it's not a fun time x_____x

I've only done this on dedicated servers, but if you're a Windows player, go to your Documents folder -> Klei -> DoNotStarveTogether -> [your Steam player number] -> you'll see folders called client_save, Cluster_1, Cluster_2, Cluster_3, Cluster_4, and Cluster_5. These correspond to your hosting slots. Every slot that's in use will have a cluster.ini file which you can open with any text editor and change to your liking.

5 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

I've only done this on dedicated servers, but if you're a Windows player, go to your Documents folder -> Klei -> DoNotStarveTogether -> [your Steam player number] -> you'll see folders called client_save, Cluster_1, Cluster_2, Cluster_3, Cluster_4, and Cluster_5. These correspond to your hosting slots. Every slot that's in use will have a cluster.ini file which you can open with any text editor and change to your liking.

i have changed that as well as the backups and it reverts to survival when i start the game back up

1 minute ago, Charesque said:

You need to type the following in console while in the main menu (not in the world selection screen):

SaveGameIndex.data.slots[number_of_your_world].server.game_mode = "endless"

SaveGameIndex.data.slots[5].server.game_mode = "endless"

or

SaveGameIndex.data.slots[shard_5].server.game_mode = "endless"

and do i keep the brackets?

1 minute ago, gaymime said:

or

SaveGameIndex.data.slots[shard_5].server.game_mode = "endless"

and do i keep the brackets?

Yes, this is the correct one.