Incorrect Norse mythology references

This is very small and minimal issue, but an important one for maintaining consistency nonetheless. There are some quotes where Wigfrid references Greek mythology instead of Norse mythology: 

Sinkhole warning: "What plagues you, mother Gaia?" 

Strident Trident: "I shall lay waste to my enemies with the weapon of Poseidon!" 

These can very easily be fixed by substituting the goddess of the earth Gaia with her Norse counterpart Jörð, and similarly Poseidon with Njörð or Ægir/Ran/the daughters of Ægir, which are the personification of waves in Norse mythology. 

Another inconsistency is referring to the Norse personification of the moon, Mani, with feminine pronouns instead of masculine as referenced earlier in this post: 

Regarding the Trident: There isn't one that I know of in Norse mythology. It simply IS the weapon of Poseiden. Simply replacing Poseiden with a Nordic god wouldn't make sense as they didn't wield such a weapon. I think the question at hand here is would she even know who Poseiden is? Perhaps the actress would, but would it be in-character for the viking to know of or value the weapon of a Greek god? I don't know. Perhaps she could simply say it grants her the powers of Ægir.

I hope you don't mind, but there's a quote of hers I've also had a problem with that I also want to mention, though it's not exactly related to mythology.

When examining the Gnarwail Horn she says "A fine horn, indeed!"

I find this underwhelming as it's pretty much a unicorn horn. There may not be unicorns in Norse myth, but Vikings historically scammed Christians by selling narwhale horns at absurd prices by claiming they were unicorn horns.

When examining the Deer Antler she says "The unicorn's horn, in the flesh!" And to a Volt Goat "May I call you Unicorn?" And when charged "The lightning has made you a unicorn warrior!" So, yea I'm just not buying her reaction to the Gnarwail Horn.

1 hour ago, DirtWolf said:

Regarding the Trident: There isn't one that I know of in Norse mythology. It simply IS the weapon of Poseiden. Simply replacing Poseiden with a Nordic god wouldn't make sense as they didn't wield such a weapon. I think the question at hand here is would she even know who Poseiden is? Perhaps the actress would, but would it be in-character for the viking to know of or value the weapon of a Greek god? I don't know. Perhaps she could simply say it grants her the powers of Ægir.

You could argue that Vikings would know about the gods of the Greeks by grace of working with Byzantium, but I'm not sure how much the classics were being held as something to know about in the era. 

9 hours ago, DirtWolf said:

It simply IS the weapon of Poseiden.

Hm, that does make sense, actually. It seemed a bit strange to me that she was referring to a god that isn't in her pantheon, but seeing as the Trident is in fact Poseidon's weapon, the quote does make sense. Thank you for pointing that out. 

Archived