FPS Issues after 1 years Break

After a year off breaktime, 
I started the game again and have fps problems. Only 20 - 30 fps. Cpu and GPU usage are at 40 - 50%. Even so, everything feels very laggy.
Last year I played with no performance issues.
Does anyone have any idea what happened?
Sorry for my Englisch :)
Greetings Wissi

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Did you install fresh? Do you use mods? Any other issues with other games or programs? What OS do you use? Windows, Mac or Linux?

Oh sorry, i forget it. :)

Yes i try it with the old System (Win 10 64 bit) reinstall the game.... not working, reinstall win 10 and the game .... not working. i used no mods or other Programs for this Game. I use only the Stuck game. 

Edit: I have only this issue with this game. All other Games are fine. 

Drivers are updatet, 

Greetings ans Thx for reply

I find that it has gotten faster. It has been a while since I noticed any performance issues (AMD CPU, so everything is a lot smoother anyways). Hence I think there is some specific problem on your side. CPU overheating specifically in ONI or something like that? Or maybe Windows schedules processes on fake CPUs. That can kill performance pretty badly. You could try disabling hyperthreading in the BIOS, just to be sure that is not it.

4 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Okay... Whats your PCs specs, is it a laptop? Is it possible it just runs hot?

HEy thx for Replay. 

My Specs

I5 3570k Temperatur average when i Play this game 40°C Usage 40-50%

Gtx 970 4g average Temperatur 55 °C usage 40 - 50%

Asrock z77 Pro 4

16gb DDR 3 Ram

Samsung Evo 860 500gb

Windows 10 64 bit

Hyperthreading ist deaktivate in Bios, any Energysave modus too. I never use it :)

And...with other tons of Game what i play at the Moment i dont have Problems with Preformance :)

Last year i reach 30Fps when i am in circle 80 - 100 but at the moment 20 - 30 fps in circle 1 lol :D

Greetings Wissi

58 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Thats a tough one... Okay, the CPU is not the best in long term play, but it should run smoothly from start. 

I am also surprised because a year ago everything went without any problems ;(

On 8/26/2020 at 8:22 AM, Wissi81 said:

I started the game again and have fps problems. Only 20 - 30 fps. Cpu and GPU usage are at 40 - 50%. Even so, everything feels very laggy. Last year I played with no performance issues

OK, first up the "40 to 50% CPU usage."   Your GPU doesn't really do any work.  ONI is not a graphics game, it is a CPU game.  TONS of calculations are made every tick.  Lots of information is constantly being transferred between the RAM and the CPU, adding to the processing load.  Finally, ONI only really utilizes 2 CPU cores, so if you have 4 cores, then you'll generally see 40 to 50% utilization.

On 8/27/2020 at 3:26 AM, Wissi81 said:

I am also surprised because a year ago everything went without any problems ;(

A year you played.. a LOT has been changed in a year.  We've got Thermal energy calculations, automation, space, and other things now.  There are also statistics on each cycle, new biomes, and new critters.

One more thing.. you don't state if you're seeing the reduced FPS in an old save, or by starting a new map.  There was a period of time where the default map sizes were smaller simply to reduce the computing needs.

On 8/27/2020 at 3:34 AM, Yoma_Nosme said:

check out if the vsync is active for oni....25-30 fps

Yeah, if vsync is active, it will try to sync at the frequency of the refresh rate of your monitor, or some whole-number fraction of it.

Archived