Any reliable strategies for Protection challenges with Nadan boss?

So far all my attempts except one end up with me dying on the 2nd reinforcement call if I even get there. Any cards and tricks you find essential for his fight in the daily challenge? (Forgot to type Hard difficulty in title, he isn't that much trouble on lower difficulties)

I can't offer much advice because I found the fight to be unpredictable on hard and it's probably 50/50 that I finish.

That said I try and go full damage. Unless the apply defence or counter card is really good I tend to leave it and I try to avoid gain defence as they tend to clog your hand when your not the target. I find pierce is really good against the fleads as you can often one shot them. I then try to impair the second reinforcement and then just focus on Nadan. I also make the early fights last longer at the cost of taking a bit more damage to ensure all the cards levelled up before Nadan. But even if you get up to 30-40 damage per turn if every shot they are hitting the person you are protecting even with all the defence cards one of you may end up dying.

Next time I do the fight I'll try and remember to update here with what I did.

Thanks.

I don't think I've seen any of the go to damage cards in yesterday's challenge. my first attempt I had 3 discard cards and thought I'd massacre everyone. Jokes on me all the cards were combo ones that cost 2 or impair haha. Yeah I think the challenge can be very crazy on hard, really hard to find all the cards you need to kill him even without the reinforcements debuffing or killing your friend.

18 hours ago, minespatch said:

Build a wound deck, make sure to make a doubt deck for your negotiations, upgrade your pet. I highly recommend finding any stunning effect cards too.

I think those help in a normal or brawl run. But in the protector challenge I don't recall finding negotiations that much nor pets for the most part. (This is about Sal's daily challenge only)

it took me going on easy to beat it (although i think i was going for the feats as well, so i might've only toned it down so i could go get them as well)

My main strategy is just attrition. improvise cards such as slippery and the slip or other defense cards can keep you healthy and can pass defense onto shel, while deception and backstab/target practice/wide lunge can whittle away.

i only beat nadan once and shel died on the second to last turn because of a flurry before she could surrender.

Archived