Debris teleporting?

So... I found this strange thing, not sure what is that at all. I had "heat battery" design in my tiny-base, isolated very hot debris from lava biome, in liquid metal, transferring heat to stem turbine chamber with automation. First snap is from cycle ~300, debris in red box:before-tele.thumb.png.4c22311a85baba7a8aa9a885e50d2f17.png 

It was working fine for a long time, but one day I start my base and realise batter is not working, because... debris are missing. I've fund them laying next to battery, outside the cage. So I've started loading autosaves and I've found critical point - one cycle it is fine, next cycle... I load autosave and most debris are floating in mid air! (blue box)

after-tele.thumb.png.bca798aaccf26db284b3be68b9010679.png

Not only that - several next autosaves it is also floating in mid air! Therefore, I assume it was not something done during normal gameplay (as then debris would be on ground in next autosave), but like... saves gone wild after game restart? Do you have any idea or have you ever encountered anything like it? I wonder if this is random glitch or my "heat batter" concept is unstable by design?

I see you built a rocket silo around the critical point.  Is there any chance a meteor hit the wall next to the debris?  I know the impact from a meteor can jostle debris around 2 tiles below a blast door. 

My guess would be something similar happened here.  A meteor struck and glitched most of the debris into the solid insulated tile where it stopped transferring heat.  Then on reload  the game notices there's debris in the wall and pops it out to the right.

Yes, there was rocket landing in critical cycle, and I don't remember if there was any meteor hit during it in original play, but I've checked (to some extent obviously) the amount of regolith on the floor next cycle and it matched expectations, so I would say it is unlikely. It is some theory I would believe in, but I thought meteor hits through 1-size walls were fixed recently?

17 minutes ago, nessumo said:

there was rocket landing in critical cycle

Actually that might have done it by itself.  Don't rockets shake the debris on the floor below them?

18 minutes ago, nessumo said:

I thought meteor hits through 1-size walls were fixed recently?

They no longer deposit regolith on the opposite side of 1 tile thick walls.  The debris shaking with impacts seems to be unchanged.

I have had random debris show up in several of my builds. I always waste several cycles sweeping out my builds what makes it worse is I never use sandbox to work put the kinks so If I need to make adjustments it means breaking in building ladders and finding a way to build my way out without leaving crap on the floor. Not always easy. Then 100cycles down the road there is a pile of sandstone sitting on the floor of a completely sealed steam room. no idea how it could have gotten in there.

Archived