Improved algae terrariums

Algae terrariums could have an improved version with this advantages:

1-plumbing system. Like toilets, water comes in in one spot, polluted water comes out on the other. 

2-Algae producers. Instead of consuming a little algae for upkeep, algae terrariums could produce a little algae when harvested from time to time. 

3- Oxygen production decreases a little when out of carbon dioxide.

This "high tech" variant of the algae terrarium could make the terrarium competitive in later stages of the game, cause dupes have trouble disposing of polluted water bottles quickly and it takes 4 working terrariums per dupe. It could also make terrariums viable in far away places.

Thanks for reading.

Hi, what you can do is flood your algae producers, they will pump water from the ground. To dispose quickly of the polluted water, what I did is built like 10 bottle emptier next to the algae room, this way one duplicant with high strength and supplying can empty like 1400 to 2000kg of polluted water at once. It seems bottle emptiers are capped at 200kg. I'm new to the game so there might be other tips.

12 hours ago, abud said:

They great if you count off-gasing PO2, so there is no need to dispose bottled polluted water

I'm mad I hadn't thought about this, thanks !

It's quite off topic but do you know why this door setup doesn't work with critters ? I've found this trick with doors, but for now the only useful thing I found was with morps but they just walk on the open door and don't fall...

1 hour ago, jiibe said:

I've found this trick with doors

Which one? Somewhere in the development, they changed so critters doesn't fall anymore... but they still fall vertically (place door normally, not sideways), or if there is no space to stand

On 8/16/2020 at 2:26 AM, Yetinotincluded said:

Algae terrariums could have an improved version with this advantages:

1-plumbing system. Like toilets, water comes in in one spot, polluted water comes out on the other. 

2-Algae producers. Instead of consuming a little algae for upkeep, algae terrariums could produce a little algae when harvested from time to time. 

3- Oxygen production decreases a little when out of carbon dioxide.

This "high tech" variant of the algae terrarium could make the terrarium competitive in later stages of the game, cause dupes have trouble disposing of polluted water bottles quickly and it takes 4 working terrariums per dupe. It could also make terrariums viable in far away places.

Thanks for reading.

Algae Terrariums are pretty good even now.
If they add an improved version for them, they`ll become OP IMO

Actually an improved version that needs sunlight could be useful. Especially if it could work as an algae creator. A lategame structure that needs CO2 and water as inputs as well as sunlight or large amounts of artificial light. The outputs would be oxygen and algae. It would provide an alternative method of gaining algae that doesn`t require to farm pufts.

I dont think they need plumbing system, that would make automation too easy.
Tho Sweepy needs an Plumbing Output.
I would like Algae Terrariums to be renamed Terrarium, and then allow us to grow a new kind of biomass later in the game.

Archived