[Experimental] - 425179

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

We added a couple more defensive cards to round out the collection for this update. Have fun, you silly turtles!

MISC

• On settings load failure, make a set number of attempts.  If they all fail, assign fatal_error and in the MainMenu issue an error message and quit.

CARDS

• Added new defense cards for both Rook and Sal
  • Added new Defense-focused Smith combat cards
  • Fix a bug with Rapid Fire / Overbear causing them to possibly attack the same target each time.

GAMEPLAY

• Bartenders: May power buff or single shot during battle. Can headshot at most once per battle.
  • Moved the "Handy" perk to tier 3 to more closely match the power levels within each tier

UI

• Fixing the confirm popup using the wrong string for the gamepad hints, causing the label on the bottom to show the gamepad icon and also the keyword {binding}
  • Fixing a typo that was causing the scroll panel on the Daily Challenge Screen to be much shorter than supposed
  • Updating the loadout screen to display the active perks
  • Fixing the layout on the Perks Screen
  • Money score now only tallied via Caravan:AddMoney where the stat and notification are tracked, both for consistency and so that starting money doesn't contribute to score.
  • Making the card previews in battle/negotiation not take up the whole screen height in Big UI scaling mode, only in Bigger

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

New sal battle:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b1150ffafd57486b06f07affe5dccea4.png

New rook battle:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.150094593e5e00bdef689cac9bb6ca96.png

image.thumb.png.18b1ba734ddd3bb2dc242d643c8a1744.png

image.thumb.png.7c062289a57a9f6b3d6508d8c2660bc6.png

image.thumb.png.78f6afddf19321db32fd340b8837642f.png

New smith battle:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.30172d05c4aa0d7b8f5717e0b8e48bee.pngimage.thumb.png.cbaafdd17e54f28e6b281d387e2dcd4c.png

image.thumb.png.130e7a58e564f1ff697416b77d0c11dc.png

image.thumb.png.c424c712effd851257380495fec60a27.png

image.thumb.png.8fde0fa0ac0adf2de788a63a511143df.png

Also there's like a new smith rare card that is broken because the card description reference a nonexistent owner.

Edit: Here are the new ones that are found in the code(i think)

Spoiler

Rampart(2, U): 3~5 dmg. Hits all enemies. Gain 6 Defense.

Stone ...: ...10 Defense.

Boosted ...: 5~7 dmg...

Tough and Angry(1, R): Gain 2 Defense. This card scales with Power and Adrenaline.(this is the card that causes the crash because in compendium, there's no owner)

Stone ...: ... 5 Defense ...

All interesting changes. I hope there's more negotiation defensive cards added(or negotiation cards in general). I can't remember the last time sal gets a new toy for negotiation.

Edited by RageLeague
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

21 hours ago, Kevin said:

• Moved the "Handy" perk to tier 3 to more closely match the power levels within each tier

For what it's worth, it's Handy giving an extra use to single-charge items that pushes it over the edge. If it only gave extra charges to items with at least two charges, it would be a lot more uh reasonable?

Alert is also bananas. It should be split among one perk for extra card in negotiations, and another one for extra card in battle.

One slight misgiving I have with the perk system as it currently stands is that most low-level perks are made obsolete *hard* by the later ones. Seems a bit of a shame to code in so many effects, and then have most of them be made irrelevant in time. Maybe there should be some limit to how many high-level perks can be applied, like level 3-4 perks taking 2 perk slots, level 5 perks taking 3 perk slots, or something. Or having level-constraints on perk slots, where for example you can't take more than 1 level 5 perk, no more than 2 level 4-5 perks, one perk slot where you can only put level 1 perks, stuff like that.

Edited by pacovf

I worked out the perks issue. I was being silly, as I suspected. In addition to unlocking perks you have to actually select 3 for your run on the same screen as the one where you tweak various other settings (e.g. mutators).

• GL Happy 1