aquatuner output pipe keeps getting blocked

My aquatuner for liquid hydrogen (the one on the left) keeps getting blocked, 1 packet of supercoolant is just staying in the output port. My liquid oxygen piping is pretty much the same thing and it works fine, im not sure if its just because this is on the very edge of the map or not. I have to use the pliers to disconnect and reconnect, although doing that causes the game to freeze and i have to reload, but it work. Could anyone tell me what the problem is?

pipe blocked.png

pipe blocked2.png

The piping itself all looks correct, but maybe you need space in the loop for loops like that to work correctly? A double bridge setup to keep 1 packet space open, or a liquid reservoir (this is what I normally do), could do it.

The double bridge is always very good with loops. Prior to this I could also suggest trying to remove a single packet of supercoolant. I see there is space available where you can patch a bridge in without deconstructing anything:

383555969_chance1.png.a296f0a5e1af8c12e366c1dc7d58bbfd.png

You are missing buffer space in your loop. You must not fill it completely, liquid packets do not move in sync in a loop. At some point there needs to be empty space where a packet can move to. That is why you typically put a tank into any loop. 

Thanks for your suggestions, i tried doing them all at once, i put a liquid reservoir for the loop and a double bridge and have more room in the pipe. However it still breaks down.

I figured out that when it does break down, one pipe segment appears connected but it is not really. I took a video to try and explain it but my mic wasn't working, pretty much the pipe segment above the output port and the bridge disconnects itself but still appears connected on the overlay.so 1 packet stays stuck on the output port because it has nowhere to go. saving and reloading seem to show that the pipe is no longer connected, ill post the video of it not working and before/after shots reloading the game of the loop at the moment if possible. the video was too big to upload, so i put it on my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18_6uOH6pf7YZDEtZStfK-ccPEvg2-m4Z/view?usp=sharing

before:

1377183660_pipeblockedday2.thumb.png.14caafb6c75884b799eb1c677d06271f.png

1266143241_pipeblockedday22.png.353d0b4f552bb8cf3d045534e60fae47.png

after:

1802316015_pipeblockedday23.png.e84574120a2bb90031561e50341eb7f1.png

1976581610_pipeblockedday24.png.f94b13e82d1c126f31784e07e6bb9101.png

the pipe is clearly connected in the shots and video, but after i reload, it isn't

I do have pliers, It has been happening for a while now, I havent tried rebuilding it completely, I am thinking of just moving the whole thing to another part of my base so work with a bigger tank anyway

Correct me if I'm wrong... so what's happening is that the output from the AT is disconnecting itself from the loop at the leftmost ridge of the screen...?

How about this:
Instead of a horizontal bypass bridge make it vertical.... It will shift the bypass by one segment of pipe but might avoid the leftmost ridge of the screen...
I'll launch the game in a bit and make a setup to illustrate...

Hmm, the more seasoned players might just say something in the order of "building stuff on the edges" and "the map wraps over" so... Here's my idea:
First the F4/mineral overlay to be able to see the pipes and then the F6/pipe overlay:
1469375416_mineralbridge.png.5b5143157ac9759625f58c3052644ce3.png

1555767390_pipeoverlayAT.png.3337a7bab3608bac822290840d6f1e7a.png

On the bigger screenshot ( as well as the video) I can also see that you already have a liquid reservoir acting as buffer in the loop, so we might as well disregard my prior suggestion of removing one packet of coolant...

Archived