Room building issues

Sorry if this question has been asked before (ran a Google search and checked Wiki), but I'm new to the game and having real problems in getting the game AI to recognize rooms. Take the screenshot below from yet another attempt at building a bathroom. There's a door, actually 2 stacked that has worked most of the time, and I added yet another door and tile combo to far end. (Thinking my "pit" I dug to dump polluted water into was the issue.) Game still isn't "seeing" it as room. Suggestions? Thanks!

2020-07-27_0-50-41-oni-bathroom-failure.jpg

Check in the room overlay, i think it may be too big. The limit for washroom is 64 tiles, so 4 high, 16 wide. This looks like 18 wide or so.

You can easily tell by putting 4 sinks and 4 toilets right next to each other. then the borders of the room would be just on the right and on the left of them. If you're making 4 high room, of course.

10 minutes ago, ComputerLady said:

Thanks for the comments! Based on what your saying I guess the issue is size as it is over 64.  <*sigh*> Okay, restarting yet again! One of these days I'll get my colony beyond the beginning stages! 

You can be a little less drastic and just move the left door and tile one tile to the right

49 minutes ago, ComputerLady said:

Thanks for the comments! Based on what your saying I guess the issue is size as it is over 64.  <*sigh*> Okay, restarting yet again! One of these days I'll get my colony beyond the beginning stages! 

37 minutes ago, suxkar said:

You can be a little less drastic and just move the left door and tile one tile to the right

To add to this, I use pneumatic doors a lot within my rooms for maintaining symmetry whilst getting the room size I need.

Doors can be set to an open state to still give access within the room, but don't contribute towards the room size. Or you can line toe ceiling with them, or just bang a few in anywhere to give you the right total :) 
image.thumb.png.02031db4704f299d29b58eeb482efc7d.png

Archived