Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Hornete

[Suggestion] Lily Pads

Hey guys, so I had an idea for adding lily pads to DST!

They'd be similar to the Lily Pads you can find in hamlet, but perhaps be darker and smaller with brand new art. You'd be able to find them in the ocean surrounding the Swamp Biome.

They would act just like boats, being able to hop on them and they'd be able to move around, with one downside of not being able to place structures on them.

What do you guys think? I think this would be a really nice addition and spice up the swamp a bit!

You want a gigantic lily pad boat? 
I clicked on this thinking you wanted smaller cosmetic Lily Pads to breath life into the game.. I guess Lily Pad boats are good too provided that they’re super super weak and anything that attacks them means your drowning.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

snip

I was thinking the downside of not being able to place structures on them would be good enough to still make the player want to create a regular boat. Not being able to use masts to travel would be absolutely horrendous, if the player wants to spend 10 days rowing a lilypad to the lunar island, then I think they deserve it, lol.

I was thinking they'd come in varied sizes, from around half the size of a regular boat, to 3/4th the size of a regular boat.

1 minute ago, shadowDigga said:

I (and probably everyone else) would probably build lily pad bridge to lunar island since I doubt lily pads are burnable unlike wooden boats. So, I'm 100% for adding lily pads.

But how would you stop the momentum? I imagine you can't use an anchor on them

4 minutes ago, Well-met said:

But how would you stop the momentum? I imagine you can't use an anchor on them

That's a good question. I think they actually somehow stay attached to the water, like bull kelps, unless something is pushing or pulling them. They are static in Hamlet after all.