Apparently DST has a party system.

• Developer

2020-07-11_11-36-07.gif.43fd7e9f1670c4f955ba20bda6277e41.gif

its currently disabled in game presumably due to the following:
The UI is definitely one thats more mockup than base game.
It doesn't seem fully featured, and is only on the Main Menu.
nonetheless, this is super cool, and would be an awesome feature if they ever decided to implement it in the future.

Xbox One (and probably PS4 too) has a built in Chat System just click in your analog stick and you will pull up a wheel of things to do, similar to drawing weapons in GTA V or RDR 2.. Scroll to the one with Wes in the picture frame that says “Say” then type what your wanting to chat there. I don’t use a headset so this is my main way of communicating with people who join my game. Not sure if this is the same thing as that, but either way it’s a cool find.

This could be cool for events like forge and gorge (if they ever come back), getting 1-5 of your friends in a party with you and then going into quickplay.  It'd be especially cool if we ever get a pvp based event (like a battle royale) but that seems really far into the future, even farther than foege and gorge comebacks which we probably wont even get until long after RoT is over.

Archived