Do beefalo herds expand/change territory? Should a base not go too close?

[Don't Starve Together]

o finally decided on the general area for my second and more main base for the world. I have where I want to put my hound fighting place with walls and tooth traps and enough space around it to not let other stuff catch on fire from red hound. I have where I want to pant stuff, and have a rabbit traps and drying area. As for my general storage and science machine, etc room, I'm trying to decide between two places. I had decided to put it in the savanna spot but am now wondering if the beefalo herd will expand at all at new ones are born, potentially being  a problem when they all go int heat and get hostile. Or if they will tend to move around the savanna too much to possibly wind up too close to my base. 

Do they do either of these things or am I safe to put it there, in the top/north double blue square spot?  Or my second idea of the west blue spot? 

image.thumb.png.44d893e9093949f808d956072a268f5c.png

You're good in the double square spot. I'd recommend avoiding basing next to water because penguins don't respect privacy as much as a normal being would. Moreover it would limit the amount of space you have when you need to expand.

You're alright where you want to be. There won't be any beef troubling you.

Thanks everyone! 

3 hours ago, thomas4846 said:

I'm not sure how it goes but it may be like vault goats so using this as reference may be useful

This actually got me thinking of something else. Do you have to place flooring/carpet before building anything else? Like if I have basic stuff like a science machine and fire pit up before I can get the flooring/carpet made do I have to remove then to then place the flooring/carpet? Or am I safe to build up other stuff before I can do the floor?

2 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Yes you can build whatever you want and change the turf later without any issue 

Oh good. Glad to know I won't have to rush to shave beefalo for carpeting before doing any other pre-winter base set up. 

Archived