[Experimental Update] - 420623

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

So, that boss rush was something else last night, eh? We took your feedback to heart, and spent a day iterating on the balance. It's in a better place now, but not yet the best place, so please keep that feedback coming! We rigged the RNG to give another boss rush today.

GAMEPLAY

•     Lowered daily prestige levels to 0 - 3 - 8
  •     You get a pet at the start of boss rush
  •     Hiding the day indicator on Daily runs
  •     On Daily Challenges, showing the difficulty icon instead of the prestige icon
  •     Let you start over if you have a continuable daily run
  •     add big/little score cards to boss rush bonus pool
  •     Adding controller support to the Daily Over Screen
  •     the Brilliance mutator now also affects graft xp
  •     added img to all the daily feats so they can be shown in the graft bar
  •     Offer healing and bonuses separately in daily_boss_rush.lua
  •     Pets are now given at the start of daily_boss_rush.lua
  •     Added new score bonuses for daily_boss_rush.lua
  •     Daily draft Packs are skippable, and you pick from three groups
  •     Daily boss rush: pregenerate graft drafts per rarity.
  •     add points for money at the end of a daily
  •     give bonuses for beating combats quickly in dailies
  •     Daily Boss Rush: Grafts and pack drafts are seeded
  •     Added the heal option between every boss in daily_boss_rush.lua
  •     Adjusted the "difficulty" rating of the card and graft drafts between fights in daily_boss_rush.lua (so you get better cards later)

MISC

•     Fix crash with Viciousness.
  •     Removed the unremovable tag from the brawl grafts 

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have to say, it's definitely easier now. I can beat it on normal, so yay?

Some kashio's artifacts are more deadlier than others, like before. You're kinda screwed if kashio has any bonus damage dealer. Hologram is also extremely annoying. Just like the actual thing!

• Developer

Yeah I think that some dailies are going to be harder than others, and that’s fine. The scores will be relative to each other on a given day. 

There are still some elements (like kashios equipment, some spawns, etc) that need to be brought under seeded random control, so that people can fairly compare against each other. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The card pack system is exposing how few of Sal cards grant defense. This is not a huge problem in the main modes because you can take most defense cards and pass 50% of attack cards (or whatever), so you end up with a balanced deck. In the boss rush card pack system, you often need to take 2 attack cards that don’t synergize with your deck, for the sake of getting one more defense card, which is rarely a good call. 
Unless the card pack system is meant as an extra handicap for the player (instead of a way to speed build their deck), either the player should have the option to only keep some of the cards from the chosen pack, or there should be an extra, free “remove a card from your deck” every night, or just do three normal card drafts after the first boss (and onwards).

EDIT: and some boss balance issues. I got a smuggler to help me, automatically and without input from me, with the Shroog boss fight, likely because you get help in the campaign too. If this was intended, then it would make sense to also get a smuggler ally against Sparky / Jeol. And on another topic, Eonwe is completely trivial for Sal. I feel like her attacks should incept Lumin Burn cards into your deck or something.

Edited by pacovf

Well, this one seemed much easier, but is it too easy? Maybe it doesn't matter if the goal is to just get higher scores. However, i'd like to point out one issue with the scoring. It seems the choices after each battle are somewhat random, so also possibility of getting higher score is random since you might not get to choose the "little score, big score" cards at all. I did two runs on the hard difficulty and first one i was able to choose big and little score pretty early on, after first or second boss i believe. On the other run, i didn't get a choice until the last battle, which is too late (didn't even draw it before the boss died). I think it should be set when you get those cards, not random.  The Difference on score becomes pretty big:

Screenshot_5.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg

• Thanks 1

Wait hold on, how did you get both big score and little score?

I feel like there's slight difference in the configuration of the challenge runs between devices. There's even one time I didn't get any bonuses between rounds, and pets are not healed.