Prediction and wars for oxygen not included 2020

oxygen not included  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think wars should be in ONI?

• Yes
    • Heck no
  2. 2. Should multiplayer be in ONI?

• Yes
    • No

Hello guys.

So there is the 2020 ONI road map and i read it and it looks pretty good. There is Radiation and new start biome but i don't care about that stuff.

But this description here caught my eye.

image.png.48e2698e1c32e81296572293349df6af.png

The full page is on steam by the way.

So Klei is adding multiple colonies that can be flown to. So you are not the only colony in this world. So what i'm imagining you could do is that you can fly to those colonies and get items from them, trade with them, get more dupes, do some parties, have them help you build and you could help their colony. That all sounds great but what if.

You could declare war with that colony

Now i may i caught you off guard but that's fine. This idea of being able to declare war on colonies does definitely sound insane but also sounds fun. You could declare war on the another colony and the colony would either surrender or fight back. This means your dupes and their dupes would get weapons and start fighting. If you win you would earn all of their dupes and their colony and you would take over their asteroid. If you lost then you could either loose all of your progress OR you should become the winning colony and continue on as the winning colony. Loosing all of your progress would be unfair if you lost and you would be angry so klei would make it so you would become the winning colony. In fact you shouldn't be the only one to declare wars. Other colonies should be able to declare war on you and start fighting you. There could possibly be hostile colonies that will declare war on anybody they want to. This would make space seem more vast and open and like there's more colonies and stuff. Also there could be a space soldier job and a space medic so you can do wars in space. I would like to see ONI multiplayer. It would be possible if each player was a different colony or 2 people controlled the same colony. I would love to see that. I'm just adding idea after idea. Anyways there is a lot of potenional for this concept so i can leave it to you guys to discuss it

Here is the QNA

Should klei add wars in ONI

Probouly not, It wouldn't fit with the astmophere of ONI, and it would take alot of work to make the wars

Why did you write this forum post

I just had a good idea and i wanted to write it down

Should klei add multiplayer to ONI

Of course they should. It would take some work but it would be fun to play ONI with your buddies

Would you like this in the game?

Yea! I would love to see some of the youtubers do some war on ONI

End

Lol war is pretty nice idea, but most probably it is not playable. 

Especially I can't imagine how war will happen between pacific idealistic colony from 16 dupes (cycle 9999, 100000000 real hours) and aggressive colony from 200 dupes (cycle 600, 6-10 hours). They will just **** your dupes, disassemble all equipment, mine all asteroid and go away

I don`t think multi can work for ONI but i can imagine some asteroids being hostile, maybe even inhabited with dangerous aliens that could try to invade you at some point. But they need to be far so you could safely avoid them especially before you are ready to face them.

Archived