Simple & Compact 1K Liquid Hydrogen & Oxygen Production

I know there are plenty out there, just wanted to share mine in case it helps someone (if someone has feedback its also welcome).

The aim for this was to make a compact LH and LOX production so I can fit it below each rocket. Haven't tested it in survival yet.

The metal tiles are all aluminum (except that single one between the LH and the LOX which is gold) and the doors are steel.

The cooling loop can be smaller/larger depending on how hot is your hydrogen, in this picture it almost handles a 500C hydrogen input at 1Kg/s. assuming most hydrogen is much less hot it should handle the 1KG without a problem.

The oxygen is mostly being cooled by the hydrogen using the principle that 1000g packets can't break.

P.S: Automation explanation:

Thermo sensors are set to below -195 and -261 for LOX and LH respectively.

2nd row Hydro sensor just makes sure there is a 1 tile pool of liquid before it starts pumping (so set to above 1k)

Top hydro sensor is connected to the gas valve and activates on minimum liquid to make sure gas doesn't sit in the pipe if the tank gets full. This also makes sure the liquid pressure at the top row doesn't go past 3K +- which allows circulation to continue.

liquid-fuel-prod.png

Nice and compact design!
I'll say it for posterity even though you probably know already: you can't build it so close to the base of the rockets, several tiles in the oxygen tank will absorb the rocket dry heat and a hydrogen engine will easily melt both gold and aluminum

4 hours ago, suxkar said:

Nice and compact design!
I'll say it for posterity even though you probably know already: you can't build it so close to the base of the rockets, several tiles in the oxygen tank will absorb the rocket dry heat and a hydrogen engine will easily melt both gold and aluminum

Thanks!

Actually I forgot about the dry heat thing. I checked and it only drops to -140C ish area so nothing will melt, but its less optimal and it may cause the oxygen pipe to freeze which can be annoying to fix every time. I would suggest putting this a few blocks extra below the rocket base.

On 7/5/2020 at 2:11 AM, Gogofo said:

The aim for this was to make a compact LH and LOX production so I can fit it below each rocket. Haven't tested it in survival yet.

Is it really works? Rocket overheats a lot of tiles below it, Even if it is works you just spend energy cooling rocket exhaust

Sorry, I reacted on first post before reading all comments :)

19 hours ago, Gogofo said:

I would suggest putting this a few blocks extra below the rocket base.

Actually it heats up (a lot) 9 tiles below the rocket. The cone is 3x9.

B94WFfr.jpg

Archived